4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

black car appearance ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 08:44 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jake.carp
honestly yours looks almost exactly like mine i just have the bullet style rims and it looks like your have a different wing? but other then that looks like mine haha yours looks real good though just the subtle things like the black rims really make it look good
Do you realize how dumb that sounds? So in other words it looks nothing like yours? because different rims and spoiler are pretty big differences
Old 08-02-2013, 04:29 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Someone didn't drink their Ensure this morning...
Old 08-02-2013, 05:49 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BraMas
Do you realize how dumb that sounds? So in other words it looks nothing like yours? because different rims and spoiler are pretty big differences
You and I kind of have the same car....except for the wing and wheels. LOL
Old 08-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Unless you take the time to properly photograph your murdered Mustang (like you did), all blacked-out cars look exactly alike. The wing and wheels make absolutely no difference as all anybody sees are black shadows.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:59 AM
jake.carp
1st Gear Member

no, it didnt sound dumb i ment it exactly how it was said. 2 things were changed and other then then we have the same car. thats why i posted this thread because its hard to really change much on a black stang without,
1. making it look ricey. or,
2. making it look like every other black mustang.

i know its a common car but im still just trying to make something a little unique.

by the way im not in any way saying anyone who posted has a ricey car.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

We all want the unique look and what looks good to you may look terrible to me. I would just look around the forums and take a little from this and a little from that. That's preety much what I did. GL!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:53 AM
jake.carp
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
We all want the unique look and what looks good to you may look terrible to me. I would just look around the forums and take a little from this and a little from that. That's preety much what I did. GL!
yeah thats what im trying to do i already have a bunch of ideas from it all but then i get called dumb for basically saying that its hard to personalize a black car.. whatever no skin off my bones. but i think im gonna leave the big apearance stuff alone for awhile i want to do the little things i have in mind and get my car supercharged!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

When I first got my black GT with dark parchment vert top I thought about striping it with gold lemans hood,deck and front/rear valance stripes and GT 350H Rocker stripes to make a Hertz rent-a-racer tribute. I would want to repaint it first though and money is tight with 2 college kids to support, so that plan got shelved for probably forever. Still think it would look great though. Guess I will be content with my GT Premium 5 spoke (Cobra) rims, Mach 1 grille delete/chin spoiler, tint and shorty antenna.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Originally Posted by jake.carp
no, it didnt sound dumb i ment it exactly how it was said. 2 things were changed and other then then we have the same car. thats why i posted this thread because its hard to really change much on a black stang without,
1. making it look ricey. or,
2. making it look like every other black mustang.

i know its a common car but im still just trying to make something a little unique.
If you want a unique car, stop looking at what everyone else has done to theirs. If you want to personalize your car and can't come up with your own ideas, it won't be personalized. If you want to personalize your car but need the approval of other Mustang owners, you car will look like every other modified Mustang.

If you don't have tons of cash and can't hire a designer like Sanford or Foose, you are limited to mass market modifications. The key phrase is "mass market" - thousands and thousands of those parts have already been sold.

If you want your black Mustang to look different, don't put black wheels on it and don't put chrome MUSTANG inserts on the rear bumper cover. What you could do is find a wheel you like that isn't commonly used on Mustangs and have the manufacturer make up a set with the correct offsets. It may not be the easiest thing to do, but it's possible. There are several small wheel makers out there who do custom offsets. Heck, even American Racing will do it.

The point is, if you have to ask somebody else is won't be personal.

Last edited by Sonic Mustang; 08-03-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:03 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

You could always do an IRS swap.
Name:  P1080402.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  181.7 KB

Last edited by crash; 08-03-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Quick Reply: black car appearance ideas??