4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

pypes pype bomb or Flowmaster American Thunder

Old 03-15-2017, 07:27 PM
MustangTed96GT

Default pypes pype bomb or Flowmaster American Thunder

Ok everyone, it's about that time to upgrade my exhaust system along with an x pipe. I do live in Massachusetts so I will need to retain the catts. I'm partial to the sound of Flowmasters but everyone on earth has them. The pype bombs sound decent too and are stainless steel which is great since I live in the rust belt of New England. I was thinking of going with the pypes system w/catted pipe or the American Thunder series and a UPR x pipe. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Ted
Old 03-16-2017, 12:03 AM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

General rule of thumb is straight through muffler/resonator with X pipe, and chambered mufflers with H pipe. But it isn't any sort of hard rule, go with whatever you like. There is a video on YouTube for just about any exhaust combo on these cars you can think of, start there and see what you like.

Personally, I think I have found perfection with a Mac ProChamber midpipe and SLP LM2 catback.

Search this Thread