Cold Air Induction Installations and Comments... - Page 12 - MustangForums.com

Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Cold Air Induction Installations and Comments...

Old 05-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Red ll iine GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06triplevalve View Post
Just joined, and started looking, and boy am I impressed. Thank you for your excellently detailed report on the CAI! That is my next step (I think) and I was dying to see some sort of walk-through from someone, yours was excellent. I have 3000 miles so far, and I am trying as hard as possible to wait until 5000 miles (self impossed) to purchase and install a supercharger and CAI. I have been wondering what shoukld come first, which will work well together, how I should think about purchasing a tuner and how I would try to use the tuner to work both items. In my little pea-brain it all seems so overwhelming (yes, I'm one of those carburetor guys). Your walk-through certainly helped. Thanks. Roy Ludt AKA 06triplevalve
You definately want to mod your engine some before dropping a supercharger in. Start with a CAI and tune.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:45 PM
sirbassett

Default running lean

i installed a throttle body and a cl cold air intake with a predator tune for 91 octane and im running to lean how do i solve this
Old 06-16-2009, 03:31 PM
sirbassett

Default running lean

i installed a throttle body and a c&l cold air intake with a predator tune and i keep getting a running to lean code how do i stop this
Old 07-05-2009, 08:29 PM
JOK3R

I just installed a JLT CAI with a SCT X3 93 octane tune. Noticed a nice improvement in the lower rpm range, and you can definitely hear the intake working..
Old 07-05-2009, 11:48 PM
jreask

Default Here is my Bullitt intake with Brenspeed 91

This was a breeze to install and I am no mechanic. It took about 45 minutes including the time to load the tune and I really took my time. I have noticed a HUGE difference in power and throttle response. Kudos to Brenspeed.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:34 PM
abnstang
1st Gear Member

ok i might be going crazy but the c&l street intake i picked up is giving me hell.... the air filter doesnt fit on the MAF housing and the shield wont fit right either... guys at brenspeed said theyd get back with me but since theyre up in charlotte maybe ill just go see them

if you guys could show me some pics of your C&L street so know im losing my mind id apreciate it

update: the guys at brenspeed were quick to correct the problem. wrong filter sent me a whole new system.... awesome....

Last edited by abnstang; 08-16-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:16 PM
sangriared

Default Any K&N CAI fit problems?

Yesterday I installed the K&N CAI on my 2008 GT, 4.6L. It seemed to fit fine and wasn't too difficult as I had the right tools and used to work on cars a lot in my younger days. It seems to have the advertised 15 HP increase and sounds a lot meaner!

I have a question for those who have installed the K&N. The airbox bottom seems to be close to the power steering hose. The bottom of the rubber heat shield barely touches it, and its about another 1/4-1/2 inch until it would contact the metal. The bottom of the airbox is also close to the brake lines, but doesn't seem to be TOO close.

Has anyone had any problems with the power steering hose or brake lines chafing over time? It looks like the rubber heat shield will protect things but thought I would ask.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Roys07GT
1st Gear Member

Default WOW! What a difference!

Bone stock best 1/4 mile statistics: 14.9 @ 92MPH

JLT CAI with tune from bamachips.com best 1/4 mile statistics: 14.2 @ 98MPH, shifted at 5500RPM.

I must say I am extremely impressed the CAI and tune, had to stop using the 93 Race tune, was going sideways when shifted into 2nd.

Can't wait to get some stickier tires on, 13's are not going to be an issue if I can get a launch, 60' time was 2.193 on the 14.2 pass.

Bottom line: A CAI and Tune is a must and should be the first modification performed!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:40 PM
bob&jennifer

I went with the Ford Racing CAI. I already had an SCT tuner, so I called the guys at American Muscle, and they sent me CAI tunes. More powerful for sure.

I used the Ford Racing CAI because it was designed to fit precisely ... and it does. It seals perfectly against the hood, the bucket is molded to fit in the cavity, avoid all the brake lines, use all the factory mounts, etc. etc. The MAF fits perfectly as does the PCV connection. It's hard to beat.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Default Installed a Granatelli two days ago

I went ahead and went for the Granatelli kit - found a slightly used one on eBay for 1/4 the cost of a new one, so for the money, I couldn't walk away from it. Sure, its not tuned, but I can tell a difference, and hear a difference. Wasn't prepared for the later. I'd read some about that, that it gave the engine a more throaty sound, but didn't know exactly know how much more.

Its nice and growly under the hood when I get on it now, and I'm lovin it. Has a little more snap to it too when I stick my foot in it.

Also, it wasn't QUITE a 15 minute install, took more like 45 minutes, but that's because some of the stock wiring harnesses didn't want to budge due to dirt in the connectors (previous owner did a nose dive into the dirt with her).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cold Air Induction Installations and Comments...

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.