Cold Air Induction Installations and Comments... - Page 11 - MustangForums.com

Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Cold Air Induction Installations and Comments...

Old 12-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Well,

I couldn't get an answers to my direct question so I put on the Black Plastic "Racer" version with a 91 Predator tune.

Wow!

It feels like an honest 20 rear wheel horse power addition which in a small car is quite noticeable. The big improvement is in torque and throttle response. Throttle response is much quicker and stronger than before in the lower RPM's. It does not feel like the same car at any RPM level. Before I bought the Mustang I drove a '08 standard stick shift Corvette as a comparison. This change brought it much closer to the Corvette performance at about 1/3rd the price. I can imagine what these cars run like with a blower on them.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Steves07GT

high octane tune requires 91 or 93 octane? im lookin at the C&L myself, seems to be the best on the market. Good to see someone's tried it and likes it.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Greg06GT
1st Gear Member

I just ordered a C and L street CAI and sct x cal 3 tuner from brenspeed. will they email me to find out about my car so they can create a tune? I am kind of confused. Also I have an 06 GT auto. Will I feel alot of improvement. Like will I be able to chirp second like i have heard? Thank you!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:50 PM
05pnygt
4th Gear Member

JDM Engineering 90mm Air Intake kit does anyone else have this intake???
Old 03-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Mike02z
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Greg06GT View Post
I just ordered a C and L street CAI and sct x cal 3 tuner from brenspeed. will they email me to find out about my car so they can create a tune? I am kind of confused. Also I have an 06 GT auto. Will I feel alot of improvement. Like will I be able to chirp second like i have heard? Thank you!
They need to know if your car is an auto or manual, what gears are in it, what the computer ID is etc...These tunes are customized to all the equipment on your car so they need you to answer questions before they can build your three "tunes".

I have a JLT and a Brenspeed tuner but I went FI and can no longer use the CAI so I put it up for sale.
-Mike
Old 03-05-2009, 09:30 AM
MustangFan45
2nd Gear Member

Proffessor Wizard, awesome post. I was going to ask you all what would be better the Roush intake or the AEM. I think you just answered my questions. Now does the AEM have to have a tune to work properly?
Old 03-16-2009, 10:31 AM
provofam
1st Gear Member

I put my Steeda CAI on a little over a week ago. I am running the 93 Octane tune that Brenspeed put on the SCT X3. I have a MT with 3.31 gears and I have definitely noticed an improvement in throttle response. I love being able to hear my stang breath especially when I go WOT. I am definitely looking to install different gears next and would appreciate advice from others using 3.73, 3.90 or 4.10 gear ratios. I do drive on the highway quite a bit and my stang is my daily driver (even in the winter - I know that sucks).
Old 04-10-2009, 09:02 PM
JeffGT

Default CAI on the way!

First off, thanks for all of the great information. It's been many years since I did this type of work on cars. My last muscle car was a 69 Camaro SS, back in 1985. Before reading this thread, my plan was to install a CAI only. After reading all of the posts in this thread I found out that a CAI without a tune may do more harm than good.

I bought the car two weeks ago and I agree with many of the posts in this thread, unless you are planning to do a lot of racing, the stock GT is fast enough for almost anybody. However, I did want to increase the torque and low-end performance. Finally, and this may sound weird, but I don't like the idea of a hood scoop that is only for show. Put all of that together and a CAI and tune makes sense.

So here is what I did. I went to BrenSpeed and ordered the C&L Racer and an SCT X3 with custom tune. I called BrenSpeed and gave them my information for the tune. Since I am the impatient type I paid for the rush order and it is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday the 14th.

I'll let you know how it works and thanks again for all of the great advice!

Last edited by JeffGT; 04-10-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:28 PM
JeffGT

OK, so when I got home today my CAI and SCT tuner was waiting for me on the front porch. I had already ran my tank almost empty and filled it with 93 Octane gas.

Installation was a piece of cake (it took me about 30 minutes total), I googled C&L CAI installation and found a good how-to, with pictures. After the installation, I updated the tune from Brenspeed following the how-to video on their site.

I noticed a difference immediately, the throttle response was much better and the sound was great. Without a dyno or track time, I can't determine just how much better the performance is, but it really is enough to feel as you drive. Especially the throttle response, the power comes on much sooner and smoother throughout the power band.

Bottom line, well worth the money and a breeze to install.

Thanks again for all of the great advice on this forum!

Last edited by JeffGT; 04-16-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:30 PM
chopin0302
1st Gear Member

Would anybody happen to know the size of the screws that the C&L Racer kit uses for the 95mm MAF housing unit? I seem to have lost mine :/

Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cold Air Induction Installations and Comments...

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.