Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Wow, what I didn't know you needed with the Whipple

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 05:19 AM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Wow, what I didn't know you needed with the Whipple

No worries. I'm still shopping around.

I'm actually considering going to the dark side, looking at a Turbo setup from Delk Performance as an option.

I know I know, 90% of people here dislike the turbo but I'm getting alot of good feedback and information on it, so we'll see what the end results are. I mean, there are 6 and 7 sec cars running competition on turbos, so perhaps the infamous lag is largely a thing of the past.

At 8psi of boost with the turbo they're claiming roughly the same #'s as most of the SC's I've seen (445rwhp on dyno they showed me for the 05 they just did) and some other advantages as well (less need for certain boltons down the road).

We'll see I guess.
48 days till Stateside, I can afford to be very indepth in my research haha.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:55 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Trust me, if I hadn't been suffering from serious PSI withdrawal long before any of the turbo kits were released there would be a twin setup under the hood of my car instead of a twin screw SC.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:13 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Plus you're fogetting to factor when that kit will ever ship to you after you pay for it.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:53 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lukoi66

without nitrous how am I hitting 420rwhp n/a for 4k? Lemme know I'm interested

LTH, Exhaust work over, CAI, dyno tune, tuner..what else?
Ignoring the sarcastic tone of yours and bl1nkage posts you can make 420hp with head work, lt's, udp's, cams and the stuff you already mentioned. It may be to the crank but it's 420hp and more than enough to do battle with stockers equipped with a Saleen SC.

And yes, you will still save 4k from the quoted 8k in the beginning of this thread. Now, if the sarcastic tone is to continue let me know....
Old 08-02-2006, 06:00 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Just remember that dyno queen #'s are only good for the internet...

There are n/a cars out there right now running very low 12's and competing with forced induction cars. (spyder for 1 and he has done nothing to his heads/cams yet)

Dyno numbers don't mean squat. ET's are the only thing that matters. If you or your shop knows what they are doing you could get a car n/a to compete with the majority of the s/c cars on the road (and even spank most of them) for under 3K. Simply buying parts means nothing. It's buying the right combination of parts and having a kick **** tuner. With N/A, your biggest focus is always weight.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:02 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396
Ignoring the sarcastic tone of yours and bl1nkage posts you can make 420hp with head work, lt's, udp's, cams and the stuff you already mentioned. It may be to the crank but it's 420hp and more than enough to do battle with stockers equipped with a Saleen SC.

And yes, you will still save 4k from the quoted 8k in the beginning of this thread. Now, if the sarcastic tone is to continue let me know....
I'll continue that tone

a. Saleen + upgrade is 475HP with no other changes
b. It'll be right about $5K plus about $150 in random tools I have lost or broken and needed to replace anyway...

So, let's see that B.O.M for a 420HP (crank N/A motor)?
Old 08-02-2006, 06:12 PM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

viking396, I'm not sure if someone took a **** in your wheaties before breakfast this morning or what but there was no sarcasm at ALL in my written tone there. I'm honestly asking how to do it, because I'm not very good in the automotive department. I'm hitting these forums hard to learn all of this stuff.

So if you'd care to knock the chip off your shoulder and tell me how to do it, I'd love to hear it (now see, THAT was sarcasm....all in good fun tho).

Old 08-02-2006, 06:19 PM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

btw cekim where did you get the saleen + upgrade for only 5k? lowest I've seen so far after adding the upgrade took it to nearly 6k before taxes. still exploring all of my options ya know
Old 08-02-2006, 06:38 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lukoi66

without nitrous how am I hitting 420rwhp n/a for 4k? Lemme know I'm interested

LTH, Exhaust work over, CAI, dyno tune, tuner..what else?

Sorry if mine seemed sarcastic, it wasnt, I was interested in hearing how because Ive tried to ask questions of how to get 400 while N/A and people told me basically to **** on myself then get a SC...
Old 08-02-2006, 07:32 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cekim

I'll continue that tone

a. Saleen + upgrade is 475HP with no other changes
b. It'll be right about $5K plus about $150 in random tools I have lost or broken and needed to replace anyway...

So, let's see that B.O.M for a 420HP (crank N/A motor)?
This thread wasn't about the Saleen kit, it was about an 8k Whipple kit.

Quick Reply: Wow, what I didn't know you needed with the Whipple