Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Who's Tune Should I Go With??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 05:26 PM
silver05gt1
1st Gear Member

Default Who's Tune Should I Go With??

Ok. I am going to be needing a custom tune for my car soon and I wanted to see who you guys think I should go with.....Brenspeed or Bamachips? Or are they both pretty much going to be about the same (as far as quality of tune goes)? Thanks for the inputs.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:35 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Who's Tune Should I Go With??

Evolution Performance.

Fred has a great bang for buck deal.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:39 PM
silver05gt1
1st Gear Member

Alright now Spartan, you were not supposed to give me more options....LOL Seriously though...Ok I will look at them too.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:42 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: silver05gt1

Alright now Spartan, you were not supposed to give me more options....LOL Seriously though...Ok I will look at them too.
Haha, never tried Brenspeed or Bamachips, I just know Evolution Performance was the cheapest of the bunch and they seem to have a nice following.

If I had to choose between Bren and Bama, I'd go with Bamachips. I hear a lot of good things about Doug.. the fact that he came over to CA to tune Afixer's blown V6 shows true devotion.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:16 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Brenspeed, hes one of SCT's top 10 tuners, as quoted by SCT. In other words... hes one of the best tuners in the country.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:34 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Breenspeed! Not only do I feel secure with letting them mod up my baby (mods in sig) he and his crew has got to be some of the nicest people in the industry. Being in the customer service industry myself (landscaping company) I know first hand what it takes to provide service. Dave at Brenspeed even talked with the owner of the shop who was installing my Steeda pulleys to make sure he cleared up any questions he had. Brenspeed has what it takes!

In the end you will have to make up your own mind, you will never know if you were right when choosing whom ever you choose. You will only know that you either have issues afterwards or you dont, if you like your tune or you dont.

Good luck.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:14 AM
ScreamingYellow
2nd Gear Member

Bama chips. purely for the throttle response. At the end of the day all these tunes are going to essentially get you the same amount of horsepower; however, doug's tunes are light years ahead when it comes to throttle mappings. He has managed to get my Mustang to feel like my S2k when it comes to throttle response.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:49 AM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Your sig says custom dyno tuned by bamachips. Did you actually have them dyno and tune the car? why no nitrous for the mustang yet?

ORIGINAL: ScreamingYellow

Bama chips. purely for the throttle response. At the end of the day all these tunes are going to essentially get you the same amount of horsepower; however, doug's tunes are light years ahead when it comes to throttle mappings. He has managed to get my Mustang to feel like my S2k when it comes to throttle response.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:52 AM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

lemme ask you guys a question about these tunes. I'm presuming you guys aren't making the long distance trips to Evo (PA) Brenspeed (IN) or Bamachips (AL of course) for tunes in most cases, so is it correct to say you're telling them your modifications and they're "building" a tune for you based on that?

You bought your SCT2 at whatever point, got your mods installed and then have these guys customize it further, email it to you and you can just plug in and upload into the car? It's that easy?

Old 08-08-2006, 01:37 AM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

I "had" the Brenspeed tune. Very good tune and top notch customer service. I ended up getting a "custom dyno tune" but it used the Brenspeed tune as a baseline (basically it built on what Brent had allready done) My car was pretty flat in the upper RPM range. My tuner did very little to the tune in the lower and mid ranges. But he found a lot more higher in the band. Modified torque converter lockup as well. WOT from a standstill is downright evil now. I have trouble with wheel spin at the lights now, NEVER spun when running just the Brenspeed tune with the C&L.

Quick Reply: Who's Tune Should I Go With??