Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Shifter brace? Anyone using one.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 08:09 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Shifter brace? Anyone using one.

To be fair - we're not talking about "smoother shifting" - at least I am not...

This is a go-no-go situation in that I have my foot on the floor and I cannot get into 3rd or even worse, I get halfway into 3rd and if I am not fast enough, I liquify something in trans...
Your right. It is more severe than I stated when it happens. Like I said above, I pretty much gave up on powershifting third in this car too. If I was at the track trying to nail down times, it would have to be fixed. As it is, on the street, it is pretty friggin annoying. Because forgetting about a powershift, just a hard fast shift with a split second lift of the throttle can still be troublesome.

O/T Now I have to go outside tonight and reload the milder brenspeed 93 tune. I usually run Amoco 93 from one station and the normal 93 tune worked fine for a week and made a decent improvment over his 93 jersey tune. I threw in some sunoco 93 as it was convienent yesterday, now it is pinging big time and feels like crap, and it is only 85 degrees here today and rather dry. I figure I will throw in the 93 jersey tune or the 87 until I can get a fresh fill of Amoco or a few gallons of sunoco 100, or both.

I swear some of these stations are playing octane games. Between that, no more sunoco 94, and the 10% ethanol, fuel choices are getting slim. Only good thing is that the ethanol makes my 60's engines idle cleaner.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:34 AM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Shifter brace? Anyone using one.

ORIGINAL: classj
Your right. It is more severe than I stated when it happens. Like I said above, I pretty much gave up on powershifting third in this car too. If I was at the track trying to nail down times, it would have to be fixed. As it is, on the street, it is pretty friggin annoying. Because forgetting about a powershift, just a hard fast shift with a split second lift of the throttle can still be troublesome.
Prothane mounts did a good job of fixing this so far and it sounds like the torque limiters did too... So, don't give up yet!

O/T Now I have to go outside tonight and reload the milder brenspeed 93 tune. I usually run Amoco 93 from one station and the normal 93 tune worked fine for a week and made a decent improvment over his 93 jersey tune. I threw in some sunoco 93 as it was convienent yesterday, now it is pinging big time and feels like crap, and it is only 85 degrees here today and rather dry. I figure I will throw in the 93 jersey tune or the 87 until I can get a fresh fill of Amoco or a few gallons of sunoco 100, or both.

I swear some of these stations are playing octane games. Between that, no more sunoco 94, and the 10% ethanol, fuel choices are getting slim. Only good thing is that the ethanol makes my 60's engines idle cleaner.
Sorry to hear that - things seem to be going smoother in my area... the 93 is holding up well under boost from every station I have tried...