Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Hellion Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:11 PM
nem
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hellion Turbo

when it is complete could you please post some pics and dyno numbers. especially pics of the front where eveyone says there are clearance issues. also did you have to use a BAP and the Mafia?
Old 11-04-2006, 03:57 PM
smoke14me
2nd Gear Member

Well I am dissapointed talked to my installer yesterday and he said he got started late and I wont get the car out untill around wednesday. He did say that I was putting out 290 at the rear wheels. I will post the Dyno results once all is complete.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:20 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

If the 2nd set of tires are going to be just for the track please don't get the nittos!! Great for a lasting street DR but useless at the track. Get the MT ET Streets and you will thank me for it.

Start looking around for a new clutch set-up now as your stock isn't going to last long. If you don't already have it, also look into the pro 5.0 or tri-ax shifter. I can tell you now that fuel is going to be your limiting factor with your new turbo. Look into the JDM GT500 pumps set-up or the cheaper route which works just as good (better IMO)- the dual GT Supercar pumps. I think the kit comes with #39 injectors, if not, you have to get them and I would recommend #60 and better rails.

Good luck and also look into better upper and lower control arms and stay away from the steeda or anything with eurethane bushings. With the torque you're going to put down, you'll break them easily.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:01 PM
smoke14me
2nd Gear Member

Well I am getting the a stage 4 clutch installed with the turbo. The kit comes with 39lbs injectors, and I allready have the CHE Pro Control Arm Pack with the poly bushings. I need to talk to them about the fuel pump I assume they will let me know. As for the Drag Radials I will probably go for the ET Streets that is good advice.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:54 AM
nem
2nd Gear Member

good luck and keep us posted. i pick up my car towards the end of this month and i am planning on the hellion kit as well.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:38 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Yes please post pictures of the front end after install. I wanna see the clearance.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Numby
1st Gear Member

What is helions website. I keep googling it and getting random European websites
Old 11-05-2006, 11:27 PM
smoke14me
2nd Gear Member

The web page is www.hellionpowersystems.com and they havent excellent customer service. I havent seen my car with everything installed yet but all the parts that came in the kit looked great. I was really impressed with the quality of all the tubing included with it.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Badazzelanore
1st Gear Member

Hey smoke, I just wanted to ask how you liked the factory 18's? I just got my 06 yesterday and I ordered it with the 18's and I think they look awesome! I think they look alot bigger than 18's. I am sending off my rear tires and having them widened to about a 9-9.5. That is an option to get a wider tire out back go here www.weldcraftwheels.com and e-mail them with the subject of wheels. Prices are pretty good IMO. I am sending them off in a week or two. anyway, I just wanted to say you got a sweet ride! Good luck with the turbo and deff let us know the stats and any things to look out for when its finished.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:54 PM
smoke14me
2nd Gear Member

Well I definately like the factory 18s but now I am looking at finding some new wheels for the track. I might take the time though to get my back wheels widened. Thanks for the link

Quick Reply: Hellion Turbo