Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Supercharger Opinions Kenne Bell V.S. Whipple

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 10:06 PM
GTR1

Default Supercharger Opinions Kenne Bell V.S. Whipple

I need some input on who's supercharger is better.
I have a 06 GT 4.6 3V

1) Kenne Bell 2.6L IC

or

2) Whipple

Any Comments Please, or other opinions on other brands...[&:]
Old 01-21-2007, 12:18 AM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger Opinions Kenne Bell V.S. Whipple

KENNY BELL MAKES THE WHIPPLE CHARGER[8D]
Old 01-21-2007, 12:42 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TASSY5

KENNY BELL MAKES THE WHIPPLE CHARGER[8D]
huh?
isn't kenne bell actually made by autorotor or something

there was just a thread on this. they're both fantastic blowers, the KB makes the right noise, the whipple is better under extreme conditions.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:57 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I'm 99% sure KB doesn't make or own whipple. But I belive KB has their rotors made in sweden. I'm not exactly sure but I think whipple has their rotors made somewhere in taiwan[:'(]Ok maybe not Taiwan but somewhere second rate.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:57 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Actually I take that back Whipple does have their rotors made by Autorotor as well.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:09 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

All of the screw-type blowers for this car are extremely similar. Aside from the Big-bore Kenne Bell, they all haveessentially the samedisplacement anddesign. There is no reason why there should be a significant performance difference between them. If one of them can make X horsepower, then so can the others. It is just a matter of having the right pulley and the right tune.

The big-bore Kenne Bell can be advantageous if you want to try and shoot for some super-high HP levels but for normal street use it's not terribly significant.

IMHO, the key difference between the different SC packages comes down to the other factors: Price, customer service, completeness of the kit, and so on. The kit comtents arekey becasue a lot of so-called "kits" are far from complete and you need to add injectors, fuel pumps, or other things to the kit itself.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:44 PM
07GTgo
1st Gear Member

i agree w/ crazyAl, the saleen, KB, and whipple s/c are all very similar...they both make great s/c and i dont think u can go wrong with either...however the ford GT and GT500 use whipples so maybe the whipple is more compliant w/ the mustang...but @ 8 psi intercooled boost, for most streetability, i would go w/ the whipple
Old 01-21-2007, 04:57 PM
steelcomp
2nd Gear Member

The KB is a Whipple with KB's name on it, KB makes the rest of the kit. There is no difference in performance. I've been a fan of KB's stuff for a while...good product, good customer service.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:50 PM
flounderlipps
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: steelcomp

The KB is a Whipple with KB's name on it, KB makes the rest of the kit. There is no difference in performance. I've been a fan of KB's stuff for a while...good product, good customer service.
You may modify.
But, I think you are wrong.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I'm only partial to the Whipple and Saleen units due to the location of their air intakes, no cutting like with the KB.However,right now Whipple does not make a tune for the autos with their HO unit. KB's tune is spot on right out of the box and there are plenty of tuners for the Saleen unit such as JDM which are excellent. This isvaluable forDIYers or those who don't live near a reputable dyno tuner. The KB and Whipple seem to make about the same power and are very upgradeable where the Saleen unit tops out at about 8lbs. These are all things to consider but you obviously can't go wrong with any of them for street use.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Opinions Kenne Bell V.S. Whipple