Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 04:43 PM
gibsonjb

Default NEED HELP

Need some input from knowlegeable people. I had stage 3 comp cams installed 2 months ago along with a TCI streetfighter torque converter (aprox 3000 stall). Well I'm drivin this thing after the install for about 500 total miles before I figure out that the technician forgot to plug one of the coils in. The car ran very impressively after I plugged the coil back in and got the dyno tune. But now the car intermittently runs like it did before i discovered the unplugged coil. The best I can describe it is when I floor the throttle it has very poor response, like I have a horse trailer hooked to my bumper. But a day later, my throttle response might return. I dont know what is going on. Could it be a problem related to driving with a non-functioning cylinder for over a week when the coil was unplugged? Could it be my throttle body? (It's a BBK twin 62 mm). Could it be the torque converter? With my dyno tune I put down 325 rwhp, which is pretty good for an auto, but why do I only intermittently get the power the car should have?
Old 01-21-2007, 08:22 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: NEED HELP

You drive 500 miles per week? That's crazy. Sorry I can't be more helpful
Old 01-23-2007, 04:45 PM
kopfjager
1st Gear Member

Default RE: NEED HELP

People have nothing but problems when they change the throttle body on these S197 Mustangs. I would start looking there.
Did you have the car tuned for the increased stall speed?