Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

How to add hp???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:38 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: How to add hp???

Did someone say 10 hp for pullies?[&:]....anyway use the search engine it will give you TONS of info..........of just put a TURBO on there
Old 03-07-2007, 07:05 PM
nhvickery
2nd Gear Member

superchargers are good but they also mean money which doesnt grow on trees
Old 03-07-2007, 07:09 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

What do you mean? I just planted my money tree so by this Spring I can buy my xc! ;[
Darn thing better grow!
Old 03-10-2007, 08:30 PM
steelcomp
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lvkopike

First and foremost, the best thing that you can do is learn to drive the car with the power it has now. No offense, but being 17you haven't beendriving [licensed] that long. The last thing that you want to do is wreck your new car and possibly hurt yourself/someone else.
I agree. Depending on what you're interested in, drag or handling, do your suspension upgrades first, and learn to drive the car. Trust in that there is ample power to have more fun than you can imagine...more than the car can effeciently put to the ground in stock form. As you get your suspension dialed, and your driving along with it, you'll find power that you didn't have, or weren't able to use before. When you finally get to the point where you think you're able to handle all the power the car's making, and are putting as much of it as possible to the ground, then you can start thinking of wayas to make more. Untill then, it's essentially awaste of $$ and time.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:13 PM
mattofiesh
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: steelcomp

ORIGINAL: lvkopike

First and foremost, the best thing that you can do is learn to drive the car with the power it has now. No offense, but being 17you haven't beendriving [licensed] that long. The last thing that you want to do is wreck your new car and possibly hurt yourself/someone else.
I agree. Depending on what you're interested in, drag or handling, do your suspension upgrades first, and learn to drive the car. Trust in that there is ample power to have more fun than you can imagine...more than the car can effeciently put to the ground in stock form. As you get your suspension dialed, and your driving along with it, you'll find power that you didn't have, or weren't able to use before. When you finally get to the point where you think you're able to handle all the power the car's making, and are putting as much of it as possible to the ground, then you can start thinking of wayas to make more. Untill then, it's essentially awaste of $$ and time.
Excellent summary. And imo suspension and brakes are the best place to start, a great sounding exhaust always puts a smile on your face also.
Good luck
Old 07-21-2007, 11:46 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the youngin crowd. I'm more mechanically inclined I guess so some mods seem easier to me I guess...I also have a bunch of professional tools which make it a lot easier I guess.

As said, basically just do some reading through the forums. Read through some reviews of other people's installs and things. You SHOULD wait before modding. Enjoy the car as stock for a few months. Then do a small mod such as an intake/tune. Then a little while later after getting used to that, maybe do underdrive pullies. A set of mufflers aren't too hard to do in a driveway either. Either way, from what I've noticed, this car is unlike many other cars out there, espeically with the remote shifter linkage and hydraulic clutch so def get used to the car first.

EDIT* Well, I just watched your youtube vid so I assume your car is an Auto. Means two things. 1.) You can ignore my comments about the clutch and shifter, and 2.) Well, Autos have a little bit more personality I think so that's just more car to adapt to. (And I think everyone here can agree one what I mean about the car's personalities)
Old 07-22-2007, 07:50 AM
rravolt
2nd Gear Member

these cars do have a mind of their own and they always love wot i know mine does take some time to get used to the car then like billybobjoe said just do simple bolt ons once and a while and get used to the extra power they grant you before you put something else on your car smartest way to do it i would say seeing as your 17
Old 07-22-2007, 08:56 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

unless you want to spend a lot of $$ on heads+cams, or FI (not to mention the prep for FI, forged internals etc) it's hard to build big hp in these cars...the CAI/tuner combo yields the biggest gain...but hp gains are not the only way to get these cars going fast...short gears, rear suspension upgrades, sticky tires will help a lot w/o dialing up your hp...
...p.s. my o/r x+ flo's are probably only good for 5 hp (and that's the x-pipe, the flo's do nothing) but the sound is awesome and so is having pedestrians whip their heads around at fifty feet...
Old 07-22-2007, 09:00 AM
rravolt
2nd Gear Member

s197richie what o/r x pipe did you go with
Old 07-22-2007, 09:02 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

^^^ I bought it used (slightly used...like three hours before the guy decided it was too loud); I think the company is JLT Performance near West Palm? I wouldn't guess it mattered with an o/r...there's not too much they can mess up, just a piece of pipe you know?

Quick Reply: How to add hp???