Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Want more

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:14 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Default Want more

OK, so, I'm a new Stang noob. Bought a Roush Stage 1 and the Black GT in my sig at the same time. The Roush was always faster through and after the modding process. I was really not happy with my first time track performance, OK, a lot of it was launching (I got excited and sucked)....BUT I would like to see my C300 faster. My question is this....I have the SCT with Steeda CAI which I have programmed myself following the prompts. Would a Brenspeed tune make much of a difference or putting it on dyno and getting a custom tune. I did a search with mixed results......sorry if this a dead horse.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:24 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Want more

In my research on this, I found out that the Steeda tune is the same tune that Ford uses for their PowerPack. It is probably on the conservative side, thus the 19 hp increase. Brenspeed seems to be the way to go with a more aggresive tune netting 28 - 32 hp.

Again, this is only research. I haven't done the CAI/tune yet, but will probably go with the Steeda CAI/Brenspeed tune when I do.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:05 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Want more

The dyno tune will give you the most HP and TQ, they can squeeze it all out. The tune from Brenspeed is good but they tune it to what they think your car will like.