Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Dennys driveshaft

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:17 PM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

Default Dennys driveshaft

anyone install one of the newer Denny's driveshafts. the one without the extra plate for the reat. Mine attaches to the rear pinion and held on with a bold. no directions came with it. I just wanted some kinda idea before I start pulling my stock one out.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:11 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Dennys driveshaft

ORIGINAL: likemike99

anyone install one of the newer Denny's driveshafts. the one without the extra plate for the reat. Mine attaches to the rear pinion and held on with a bold. no directions came with it. I just wanted some kinda idea before I start pulling my stock one out.
I have the old one and can't get rid of the vibrations, so will be very interested how yours works out. To install yours, you need to take off the stock DS, unbolt the pinion flange, remove the flange and replace it with the new out and re-tourque the bolt to ~135 lbs. Swap them out quick so you don't loose too much fluid. You should not lose enough to have to replace any. Denny should have sent directions, may want to call him and get them to email you a copy.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:39 PM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

I should be getting mine next wednesday, so I really dont know which one Im getting.....we'll see I guess but I thought that the one without the plate was more expensive, I don't know though. I hope I dont have vibration issues. Have you changed your pinion angle to suit your one-piece driveshaft?
Old 06-17-2007, 04:19 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CBSTANG

I should be getting mine next wednesday, so I really dont know which one Im getting.....we'll see I guess but I thought that the one without the plate was more expensive, I don't know though. I hope I dont have vibration issues. Have you changed your pinion angle to suit your one-piece driveshaft?
I have done everything under the sun to get it to work. Tried to post a link to share information but looks like info sharing accross boards isn't allowed here.

Old 06-17-2007, 05:36 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

I have done everything under the sun to get it to work. Tried to post a link to share information but looks like info sharing across boards isn't allowed here.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:41 PM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Well that deffinetely sucks, I reallyhope mine is not like that. Maybe you just got a hold of a bad one that wasn't balanced properly or something, idk. You might have thought about this but I would send it back and have them look at it/fix it since Denny's has free lifetime labor thing.I hope you get it figured out though.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:46 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Well that deffinetely sucks, I reallyhope mine is not like that. Maybe you just got a hold of a bad one that wasn't balanced properly or something, idk. You might have thought about this but I would send it back and have them look at it/fix it since Denny's has free lifetime labor thing.I hope you get it figured out though.
Unfortunately I am not the only one with this problem and this DS. Denny is on vacation for a week or two. I'll be getting a hold of him when he gets back and see what he wants to do. I'd like to just return it, but I have a feeling I'm stuck with a $500 paperweight.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:44 PM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

I'll post up when I get it installed
Old 06-20-2007, 03:41 AM
PowerHitter

I went with the CHE/Powerhouse aluminum driveshaft, it vibrated bad. Returned it for my money back.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:23 AM
ArmyPilot

Has anyone tried the Lakewood driveshaft? Seen it over at Jeg's. Had one of their shafts on my Vega and broke the 12 bolt rear before I tore up the driveshaft.

Quick Reply: Dennys driveshaft