Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 12:59 AM
cboisits
2nd Gear Member

Default Now what?

I know. There is the search feature and this is a newbie question but I like to talk with you guys. Looking at the mods on my car below, what would you guys do next. A supercharger would be nice but they are too damn expensive. What do you guys recommend? I know some options buy I like to hear what you guys have to say. I like to pick everyones brain and get there opinion.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:19 AM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Now what?

ok, we need an official sticky but basically here's the list I've been giving.

TB and spacer (practically worthless but I might as well put it out there)
UDPs
Delete Plates
Short Throw Shifter
Shorty Headers if you want to keep those nice new cats
1pc Driveshaft (I think Spyder's shaft is great for street, otherwise feel free to go all the way for carbon)
Gears (I don't want them, but 3.90s maybe if you use the highway a lot, 4.10s or 4.30s if you wanna go all the way)
While you're at at it, might as well go for all synthetic oils (diff, tranny, and engine)

good luck.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:29 AM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cboisits

I know. There is the search feature and this is a newbie question but I like to talk with you guys. Looking at the mods on my car below, what would you guys do next. A supercharger would be nice but they are too damn expensive. What do you guys recommend? I know some options buy I like to hear what you guys have to say. I like to pick everyones brain and get there opinion.
Get the gears next. They will make the largest difference in day-to-day driving.
I've heard a lot of good things about 1 pc driveshafts taking as much as two tenths off the1/4 mi ET.
Dont bother with the TB and spacer - less than worthless - parts can actually cause problems for zero gains.
UDPs and Delete plates. Fairly easy to do I understand but not substantialgains fromeither.
Likewise shorty headers. Go long tube if you're going to bother.
N20 if it fits yourgoals
Old 06-17-2007, 01:23 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

I personally use my car for daily driving, so gears are not a great choice for me...

I would strongly suggest finishing up the bolt-ons on that car...UDP and CMDP FOR SURE!

then some headers would be nice...shorties, mainly cause you've already got a mid-pipe...

Don't touch the TB or spacer...just a waste of money UNLESS you've done everything to do with intake (heads included).

After the bolt-ons...get into suspension...there are only so many bolt ons for this car that are worth it:

UDP
CMDP
Exhaust
Intake
Tune

Old 06-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

410s and you'll never be happier.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

4.10's for sure. You can cruise at 80mph in 5th at under 3K or cruise at 45mph in 5th..

You will NOT lose any driveability with 4.10's. Don't believe the naysayers. I drive my car everyday it doesn't rain . Outside of a tune hands down it is the best go fast mod out there.

For free HP, I'd also look in to UDPs. Don't worry about stupid spacersor TB's.

Don't forget about your rear suspension - a big factory weak spot. LCA's, panhard rod/brace and a sway bar. The car hooks so much better, under steer is reduced and feels so flat in the corners. You will feel a huge difference.