Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

steeda intake and tune now a problem

Old 08-08-2007, 06:55 PM
sams66

Default steeda intake and tune now a problem

My local dealer is a FRPP/STeeda dealer and they installed a new steeda CAI with SCT tuner. car ran pretty good for a week or so, very limited mileage less than maybe 200 miles on the car. now the car runs fine if you are granny shifting or going slowly through the gears, but if you try to hammer it, the car goes nowhere, you can hear the revs going up, but the car doesnt go any faster? any thoughts? Steeda said that they would email me a new tune. I am thinking I should take it back to dealer and have them sort through it all. anyone have similar experience?

Sam
Old 08-08-2007, 07:43 PM
VirginiaStang06

Default RE: steeda intake and tune now a problem

Probably not the smartest person on here but you might wanna check the hoses....but see if the tune works before you go to the dealer.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:53 PM
aschultz91
1st Gear Member

to be honest it almost sounds like the clutch is going out. That would cause symptoms of revving up but not going any faster. Try this. Put it in 5th while going 40-50 and floor it. If it revs up the clutch is shot. If it bogs your more than likely good. I would give this a shot so you can have some peice of mind. If its not this it has to be something tune related. Is it a custom canned tune they gave you? or the canned sct tune
Old 03-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Martinshse

I bought the Steeda CAI and used an SCT Livewire tuner and had BIG problems at first. I called Steeda in Pompano Beach, FL and had them send me a tune to match my mods. I only have the CAI, Livewire, and Steeda UDP's so it was quick n easy. I went to go start my car after I loaded the tune and it wouldnt even start. I called Steeda back and it was because the dealer I bought the car from flashed the ECU with a different processor code so that screwed everything up. I downloaded the new tune they gave me and it worked perfect. I mean perfect. With the mods above, I now put out 309 RWHP and 321 RWTQ. Call Steeda and get a tune from them, I had massive problems before, and now I couldn't be happier.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Martinshse

The issue you're probably having is the exact one I did. Your Air/Fuel Ratio is out of whack. RPMs go up quick when you mash it but you really arent moving too quick. The exhaust possibly sounds a little gurgly or bubbly especially in the 3000-5000 RPM range, and you may have a pretty unsteady idle, like it was a Viper without cats. They have to tune your car so that the a/f mixture is right and they have to change your timing. I use 93 octane in my car so make sure they ask you or you tell them.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:53 AM
thefrantic1
1st Gear Member

i am having the same problem and not getting much help from steeda. they sent me a custom tune and the car wont even run. had to put stock air box back on and flash back to stock. sent the sct back to steeda and they act like i am a idiot and my car is the only one to ever f up with there stuff. mine is yet to be resolved. help.