Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

SC's I need to beat this dead Horse again<<>>??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 06:30 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

Default SC's I need to beat this dead Horse again<<>>??

I am getting myself ready to get a SC for my 07 GT.
I have been leaning twards the Saleen SC from Brenspeed and noticed several Saleen SC options they offer. Which is best for a streetable car ?

Second,,,AM I thinking wrong with Saleen opposed to Kenny Bell or Whipple.

I know there are many segments on this subject but I want your honest opinions. I want a monster on the street but also a reliable Monster at that. And have no thinkng of going into the motor. It only has 1900 miles on it and it is a year old. Mostly a weekend warrior and street rod.

Flame On&lt;&lt;[:@]
Old 11-26-2007, 07:15 PM
gray07gt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: SC's I need to beat this dead Horse again<<>>??

i have an 07 auto and i went with the saleen to keep my warranty but i will be upgrading to the stage 3 from bren. my car has only 5000 miles.. if you want to keep the warranty get saleen. i think the saleen looks so good and "natural" in the engine bay.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:51 PM
reeflover
2nd Gear Member

If you want a fast car, Kenne Bell Or Whipple. You can put 450 to the ground with standard size pulley. But, you will have the ability to crank it up if and when you are ready. Go for the biggest bang for the buck! You can't go wrong in the long run. If you like to go fast, enough will never be enough. Thats my motto anyhow
Old 11-26-2007, 11:54 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Saleen cannot be upgraded past 14 psi. So ur choice. Also the dealer will not void the warranty if they do the install. GO check how much an install of a blower costs @ the dealer.

Andrew
Old 11-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I'll be ordering the Saleen Stage 3 or 4 from Brenspeed in January. I plan on installing it myself, so if you'll be installing yours before then, I'd appreciate any tips.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:54 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

There is a right up about it. Remember to the best of my knowledge if it isn't installed by the dealer = no warranty.

Andrew
Old 11-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

There is a right up about it. Remember to the best of my knowledge if it isn't installed by the dealer = no warranty.

Andrew
Oh, I'm certain that I have the mechanical ability to do the job (this would be my third supercharger install), I just figured if Tassy runs into any problems it would be beneficial for me to know about them ahead of time. As for letting the dealer install, F THAT. Every dealership I've ever been to is full of shady mechanics who do shoddy work. My car's warranty is toast anyway with my mod list. I told myself from day one that as soon as I paid off the car (which I did within a year) I'd stop worrying about the warranty and build anything that I can afford to fix if it breaks. So far, no regrets.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:18 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

Andrew
Oh, I'm certain that I have the mechanical ability to do the job (this would be my third supercharger install), I just figured if Tassy runs into any problems it would be beneficial for me to know about them ahead of time. As for letting the dealer install, F THAT. Every dealership I've ever been to is full of shady mechanics who do shoddy work. My car's warranty is toast anyway with my mod list. I told myself from day one that as soon as I paid off the car (which I did within a year) I'd stop worrying about the warranty and build anything that I can afford to fix if it breaks. So far, no regrets.
The like I said if you are looking for some real #'s stay away from the saleen S/C go with a KB or whipple

Andrew
Old 11-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

Andrew
The like I said if you are looking for some real #'s stay away from the saleen S/C go with a KB or whipple

Andrew
No thanks. I'm not looking for real #'s. 500 RWHP is plenty for me. This is my street car.