Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

GT supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 02:15 PM
S197_GTvert
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT supercharger?

some 3.73 and stay under 450hp and you should also do a CAI and tune brenspeed FTW[8D]
Old 12-06-2007, 03:22 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black05StangGT

Half will vote for supercharger and the other half will vote for turbo...I think with moderate power levels they both have their advantages and disadvantages...once you want to eclipse huge numbers...then there seems to be a rift in which makes the MOST power
I don't think the rift is really about which makes the 'most' power. Even the die hard blower fans have to conceed to the power possibilities with a good turbo set-up.

Nope, I think the rift comes into play when discussing the longevity and streetability between the two in the big number range.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: modaddict

I don't think the rift is really about which makes the 'most' power. Even the die hard blower fans have to conceed to the power possibilities with a good turbo set-up.

Nope, I think the rift comes into play when discussing the longevity and streetability between the two in the big number range.
come on now modaddict....everyone knows S/Cs are the best!!
Old 12-06-2007, 07:28 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Flyin_Low

I just bought a 08GT coupe stick, and would like to gain some more HP. Is a supercharger the way to go? Is another 100 hp realistic with this engine? Mine came with a 331 rear. I'm also thinking of a 355 or 373.
Absolutely +100hp is realistic w/ this engine. My Saleen w/ stock pulley and JDM "canned" tune is 120+ rwhp over stock.

From the people that I've heard having huffers & shorter gears, I've heard they love the combo (3.73's or 4.10's and such). The stock (well, upgrade uption) 3.55's I've got already seem pretty short, but I'd imagine the shorter gears are fun.

Have fun modding!
Old 12-06-2007, 07:34 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

ORIGINAL: UndergroundMustang

Hey,

We have Whipple, Procharger, Saleen & Roush

With the Roush you can expect up to 115Hp, or you can go Saleen which you have various options which include either the 100HP Kit, the 100HP Kit plus 75 additional HP kit or the extreme 550 HP kit

If you want you PM us or contact us directly at 718-645-4599 for more information regarding the S/C kits for you 08 Mustangs.
From those choices the best is Saleen.Roush is a roots style supercharger and I have no idea of it's efficiency.The whipple and procharger are so so as long as you are not looking for big #'s. I would suggest the Saleen.

Andrew
Fixed
haha think not. Saleen is a cute looking supercharger but thats about it. It is not very efficient and you can't pass 14psi. So if you are looking for big #'s stay away from this one. But if you wont build up the engine or anything like that then it is a real cute supercharger

Andrew
Andrew, Based on WHAT?? Its not very efficient, I have plenty of people that will disagree with you 110%. Please in my opinion you cant go wrong with any of the TS whipple, Saleen and KB....but dont go out and make a BS statement like the saleen is not very efficient, that is just total BS.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:40 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

OH yeah..by the way...Go get a S/C....you will not regret it....have fun modding and keep safe.....excuse me while I go and drive my car with my CUTE [:'(] (ANDRODZ) saleen Supercharger...too bad my cute supercharger is so inefficient and has no power......what a complete waste of money it was....I mean really to go from 265 stock rwhp to 422 rwhp .what a waste of time and money that was...I should have consulted Andrew first....he might have steered me away from this mistake with his overwhelming knowledge of the Saleen ....darn it.... (SARCASM AND JOKING ANDREW, so dont get upset)
Old 12-06-2007, 07:50 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

ORIGINAL: UndergroundMustang

Hey,

We have Whipple, Procharger, Saleen & Roush

With the Roush you can expect up to 115Hp, or you can go Saleen which you have various options which include either the 100HP Kit, the 100HP Kit plus 75 additional HP kit or the extreme 550 HP kit

If you want you PM us or contact us directly at 718-645-4599 for more information regarding the S/C kits for you 08 Mustangs.
From those choices the best is Saleen.Roush is a roots style supercharger and I have no idea of it's efficiency.The whipple and procharger are so so as long as you are not looking for big #'s. I would suggest the Saleen.

Andrew
Fixed
haha think not. Saleen is a cute looking supercharger but thats about it. It is not very efficient and you can't pass 14psi. So if you are looking for big #'s stay away from this one. But if you wont build up the engine or anything like that then it is a real cute supercharger

Andrew
Andrew, Based on WHAT?? Its not very efficient, I have plenty of people that will disagree with you 110%. Please in my opinion you cant go wrong with any of the TS whipple, Saleen and KB....but dont go out and make a BS statement like the saleen is not very efficient, that is just total BS.
Try to put 15 psi on the saleen blower o my bad you can't pass 14. Guess the box really plundered now. Like I said it is cute and all but if you are looking for power KB or whipple.

Andrew
Old 12-06-2007, 07:53 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

422/416tq with 8lb and with longtubes. The saleen is a great blower for mild psi but you can't pass 14psi point end of story. Also here you are telling me about parts so i decided to take the liberty to tell you something those ford racing cold plugs are just rebadged autolites so congrats for paying more for a rebadged plug!
Old 12-06-2007, 08:03 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

422/416tq with 8lb and with longtubes. The saleen is a great blower for mild psi but you can't pass 14psi point end of story. Also here you are telling me about parts so i decided to take the liberty to tell you something those ford racing cold plugs are just rebadged autolites so congrats for paying more for a rebadged plug!
So then you admit it's a "great" blower. Meaning it's not inefficient? Or the other way around?
Old 12-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

JDM Stage 1 Saleen Package is one of the better alternatives for a Stock Fuel System.
Thats about 150 rwhp over stock. $5198 on the site but they will deal if you call them on the phone.
I dont know anyone who has one who is disappointed. The tune that comes with it is very safe.
Custom tuning can add about 20 rwhp.

Quick Reply: GT supercharger?