Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

NITROUS

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 07:38 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Default NITROUS

I was watching a video on youtube of a new stang with the Zex 125 shot. I was wondering what other things would need to be installed to make this system work without destroying the car. Also anyone have this and had their car dynoed? Thanks
Old 12-08-2007, 08:33 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: NITROUS

Anything over a 100 shot is getting close to starving the fuel rail. At that point you need to do a stand alone fuel system or upgrade the stock pump.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:59 PM
bobby1110
3rd Gear Member

no a 125 is fine i have one on mine and it is good my tunning guy tuned mine a little on the ritch side so that i was a little safer. he said i would loose a little power but it was a lot better than rebuilding a motor.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:14 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

+1 man
Old 12-08-2007, 09:46 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

Fuel requirements are (relatively) the same for any given horsepower level, whether its from a blower, Turbo or nitrous.. Remember, it's the fuel that makes the power, the engine just pumps the air for it to burn with. So the question becomes, will the stock fuel systems handle 425 HP? I think most would agree that it will, tho it's on the very edge of whats safe.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:27 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Agreed, and as I said in the first post, you are getting CLOSE to starving the fuel railat a 125 shot. It also depends on the kit and the jetting. Some measure Fly/W and some R/W ratings. I am running a 100 shot Ny-Trex system andI am on the edge of fuel demand ability. Brenspeed will not do an e-tune for anything over 100 shot because of this reason. Iput mine on the dyno to be sure it was spot on. I have a fuel pressure switch that will kill the system if the fuel pressue drops below 38psi and I also run a wideband guage in my pillar pod so I am aware of the A/F at all times.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:19 AM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

For the 125 shot you are going to need plugs and a tune. Now that is the absolute minimum you will need. I would definetly not recommend going this way.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:25 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: downriverT

For the 125 shot you are going to need plugs and a tune. Now that is the absolute minimum you will need. I would definetly not recommend going this way.
Tuning is a MUST DO. You have to pull timing or run into detonation problems.The rule of thumb is 2 degrees for every 50 H/P as a starting point. I ran a week or so on the stock plugs with no issue, but put the HT0's in as soon as they arrived.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:12 AM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

Agreed, and as I said in the first post, you are getting CLOSE to starving the fuel railat a 125 shot. It also depends on the kit and the jetting. Some measure Fly/W and some R/W ratings. I am running a 100 shot Ny-Trex system andI am on the edge of fuel demand ability. Brenspeed will not do an e-tune for anything over 100 shot because of this reason. Iput mine on the dyno to be sure it was spot on. I have a fuel pressure switch that will kill the system if the fuel pressue drops below 38psi and I also run a wideband guage in my pillar pod so I am aware of the A/F at all times.

Uhhhhh, I hate to say it, but Brenspeed does tune for 125 &150 shots---wanna ask how I know[8D]

Anyways, to the OP. I have a kit you need if you are interested in. Lots of upgrades & extras--just follow the link in my sig.

Colder plugs & tuning are necessary for 100shot +

Plus you'll start wanting to look at better tires
Old 12-10-2007, 10:02 AM
white07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: D_Gusler

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

Uhhhhh, I hate to say it, but Brenspeed does tune for 125 &150 shots---wanna ask how I know[8D]

Anyways, to the OP. I have a kit you need if you are interested in. Lots of upgrades & extras--just follow the link in my sig.

Colder plugs & tuning are necessary for 100shot +

Plus you'll start wanting to look at better tires
IM all over that shyt.

Quick Reply: NITROUS