Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

NITROUS

Old 12-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: NITROUS

Anyone know what guages would be best to run with a 125 hp wet nitrous kit?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:09 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Wideband is the only real gauge you need. BTW you can get my kit it is brand new in box.

Andrew
Old 12-10-2007, 07:10 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: white07

ORIGINAL: D_Gusler

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

Agreed, and as I said in the first post, you are getting CLOSE to starving the fuel railat a 125 shot. It also depends on the kit and the jetting. Some measure Fly/W and some R/W ratings. I am running a 100 shot Ny-Trex system andI am on the edge of fuel demand ability. Brenspeed will not do an e-tune for anything over 100 shot because of this reason. Iput mine on the dyno to be sure it was spot on. I have a fuel pressure switch that will kill the system if the fuel pressue drops below 38psi and I also run a wideband guage in my pillar pod so I am aware of the A/F at all times.

Uhhhhh, I hate to say it, but Brenspeed does tune for 125 &150 shots---wanna ask how I know[8D]

Anyways, to the OP. I have a kit you need if you are interested in. Lots of upgrades & extras--just follow the link in my sig.

Colder plugs & tuning are necessary for 100shot +

Plus you'll start wanting to look at better tires
IM all over that shyt.

Sounds good man.I loved it, just wanted something to run all the time. Although the purge is a very intimidating factor.

As for guages I would reccomend three to be very safe---fuel pressure, wideband air/fuel, nitrous pressure. Of the three, nitrous bottle pressure is probably the most important. Without good bottle pressure you can get into all kind of issues.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:21 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Uhhhhh, I hate to say it, but Brenspeed does tune for 125 &150 shots---wanna ask how I know[8D]

Anyways, to the OP. I have a kit you need if you are interested in. Lots of upgrades & extras--just follow the link in my sig.

Ok, I knew should have made that statement more clear, knowing I would be called on that. When I talked to Dave he said they will not do an e-tune for anything over 100 shot UNLESS you have any upgraded fuel system, plugs etc. I have one of their nitrous tunes, but am currently running a RWTD custum tune, who does all my dynotuning. Oh, and in addition to the other items mentioned, a window switch is a real good idea as well.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:12 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Ok, I knew should have made that statement more clear, knowing I would be called on that. When I talked to Dave he said they will not do an e-tune for anything over 100 shot UNLESS you have any upgraded fuel system, plugs etc. I have one of their nitrous tunes, but am currently running a RWTD custum tune, who does all my dynotuning. Oh, and in addition to the other items mentioned, a window switch is a real good idea as well.

Yeah, I got ya now. I agree on the windowswitch--for these cars, I would recommend the Zex traction control box tho--You can select everything as far as timing wise--gear you spray & the rpm range(3000-6100rpm for example).
Old 12-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

hmm so will brenspeed do a 150 tune if you bring it to them? because they have a video of a 150 shot stang w/o any mention of fuel system upgrades.. just the kooks exaust, macmufflers,C&L intake, pulleys, 3.73, comp cams.. wondering if you got the same exact setup if he would do it?
Old 12-11-2007, 10:39 AM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

With a 100 shot I ran a 89 tune minus *2 timing on 91 gas and HTO plugs
Now I'm on the 125 shot with 87 tune and minus *4 timing. With HTO plugs
If you have a 150 shot I guess you could do a few glory runs but I would take out more timing, and then upgrade to a boost a pump.

I want to get it on the dyno and play around with the jets...
Old 12-11-2007, 11:34 AM
white07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: white07

Agreed, and as I said in the first post, you are getting CLOSE to starving the fuel railat a 125 shot. It also depends on the kit and the jetting. Some measure Fly/W and some R/W ratings. I am running a 100 shot Ny-Trex system andI am on the edge of fuel demand ability. Brenspeed will not do an e-tune for anything over 100 shot because of this reason. Iput mine on the dyno to be sure it was spot on. I have a fuel pressure switch that will kill the system if the fuel pressue drops below 38psi and I also run a wideband guage in my pillar pod so I am aware of the A/F at all times.

IM all over that shyt.

Sounds good man.I loved it, just wanted something to run all the time. Although the purge is a very intimidating factor.

As for guages I would reccomend three to be very safe---fuel pressure, wideband air/fuel, nitrous pressure. Of the three, nitrous bottle pressure is probably the most important. Without good bottle pressure you can get into all kind of issues.
Nice. Yeah I was for sure gonna get a bottle pressure and wideband. Ill probably purge it more than ill use it but atleast ill have it just in case.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

I ran 150 for around 6 months. The only real gauge you need is the wide band the bottle pressure the zex automatically removes gas. to make up for the less pressure. Engine going rich = nothing ( what happens when you have low bottle pressure) Engine going lean with nitrous and no wideband to check for it = blown engine. I did get the boost a pump to be safe but I would recommend getting the gt500 pumps instead.

Andrew