Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

which clutch would you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: which clutch would you buy?

I might try a Mcleod or Fidanza when the time comes.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: NyFordTech

I voted for the spec but the stage 3+ is rated for 850ft lb's of torque unless your blown with a built moter and nitrous its really not nessicary to get a stage 3+, i think the stage 2+ is fine its rated to 669ft lb's.
your right about the specs on the Spec...however..IMO and from talking to Spec teh 3+ is a solid choice if ur gonna track the car. for me in particular weighing in @ 4000lbs its a better choice! Realspeed is putting it in Tuesday!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:28 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

The mcleod out performs the others
Old 02-04-2008, 10:25 PM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

I voted for the spec but the stage 3+ is rated for 850ft lb's of torque unless your blown with a built moter and nitrous its really not nessicary to get a stage 3+, i think the stage 2+ is fine its rated to 669ft lb's.
your right about the specs on the Spec...however..IMO and from talking to Spec teh 3+ is a solid choice if ur gonna track the car. for me in particular weighing in @ 4000lbs its a better choice! Realspeed is putting it in Tuesday!
Did you buy it from realspeed too, cause i was talking to seth at brenspeed and they said they can special order one for me i originly was gonna get the spec3+ but seth was like do you really need the stage 3+, i told him that the procharger is going on very soon and he's recomending stage 2+, its a track/ street car so im not sure what to do i need to buy it this week thou. lemmie no wut u think since your already blown.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:23 AM
brian06eleanor
2nd Gear Member

i wouldnt waste my time with the stage 2. a friend of mine who only makes 420rwhp killed 2. stage 2s in 3 months
Old 02-05-2008, 08:33 AM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

The mcleod out performs the others
How??,
I would like to know how it performs, (meaning ) The Feel , If there is chatter, and Pedal use (hard pedal pressure compared to stock,?? ) How does it work with a SC'ed car?

Thanks
Old 02-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I steered away from the twins after the sticker shock and the "reported" funny noises they made because of the moving parts. I don't mind having the extra pedal pressure for some quietness and simplicity.

I may have to get a twin eventually, but for right now a strong single will do me.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brian06eleanor

i wouldnt waste my time with the stage 2. a friend of mine who only makes 420rwhp killed 2. stage 2s in 3 months
Maybe your friend is just a really bad driver. Does he have the stage 2 or 2+. One is rated for an extra 100 or so ft lbs.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:55 PM
brian06eleanor
2nd Gear Member

thanks for all the replys guys and to the guy above its a stage 2+ and he drives great just beats the hell out of it. i have done alotta research on all of them and i really like the rst. its stock like feeling almost. doesnt chatter at all and will hold 900ft/lbs. n i plan on havin at least 650ft/lbs soon enough. the only prob is it cost $900 but it uses stock flywheel. the spec you need to replace the flywheel. most all the shops say the gt500 assembly is best cause it comes put 2gether and you just throw it in. but it cost $1500
Old 02-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Did you buy it from realspeed too, cause i was talking to seth at brenspeed and they said they can special order one for me i originly was gonna get the spec3+ but seth was like do you really need the stage 3+, i told him that the procharger is going on very soon and he's recomending stage 2+, its a track/ street car so im not sure what to do i need to buy it this week thou. lemmie no wut u think since your already blown.
yep! Dan put it in today but they have more work to do so I did not get the car back yet. IMO if ur going to run the car @ the track the 3+ is the way to go.

Quick Reply: which clutch would you buy?