Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

brenspeed saleen stages

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:25 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: brenspeed saleen stages

I've put all my trust and money with Brenspeed from the beginning and they've yet to disappoint. Their service and knowledge on S197's are in my opinion among the best in the country. They test and install all parts on their cars, they buy new models every year to test and install parts on. I started with them in April of 06 and have installed or had them install numerous parts. I've went from a CAI and tune to S/C and cams, 272 h.p. stock to 309 h.p. to 438 h.p. to 467 h.p. and finally to 493 rwhp in around 2 years with zero problems. I drive 8 hrs. one way to have them work on my car and I hate the drive but I like the results and service, I've had a few other companies around here do some work for me and have almost always been disappointed with the results. If I can't do it myself I go to them.If you go to their customer site you'll see pictures of all kinds of satisfied customers. Those are just a small sampling of the people whohad work done, maybe 1/100th. TheStage 3 kit they offer is very safe in my opinion, cars will vary h.p. wise as much as 20 or more h.p.If you want great service with very knowledgeable people it's a no-brainer in my opinion.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:58 AM
07 S197
2nd Gear Member

will the saleen fit under the ford racing strut bar? anyone have dyno numbers on the stage 3 with a set of long tubes?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:07 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

I have the Kooks long tubes and dynoed at 438 rwhp with the Stage 3 kit. The long tubes seem to help as I went up in power levels, 438 to 467 to 493. 3.4 pulley, to 3.2 pulley, to 3.2 with cams. As far as the stru brace fitting I don't know. I know some people had the Steeda brace with the billet aluminum ends and fully adjustable rod ends that fit in between the runners on the Saleen.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:38 AM
kolb02
2nd Gear Member

I have the saleen stage 4, been running it for a month now and it seems to be doing fine. I'm going to the dyno this month i'll keep you all informed on what she makes. Plus the track open soon!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:12 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phatphil

I have the Kooks long tubes and dynoed at 438 rwhp with the Stage 3 kit. The long tubes seem to help as I went up in power levels, 438 to 467 to 493. 3.4 pulley, to 3.2 pulley, to 3.2 with cams. As far as the stru brace fitting I don't know. I know some people had the Steeda brace with the billet aluminum ends and fully adjustable rod ends that fit in between the runners on the Saleen.
damn..you made 493 rwhp on the S3 with 3.2/cams and mods in your sig?
Old 03-03-2008, 12:51 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

I wouldn't make 493 on a stock bottom end, but that's just me..

And to the guy who asked about the 475 or the stage 2 - GET THE STAGE 2. Period. If you get the 475, you're going to want to upgrade it already, and for what it is, it's WAY overpriced. You can get the same power for less money and have a [monetarily] better upgrade path with a stage 2. Otherwise, you're going to have to buy the XCAL and Steeda and all that crap to get up past the base 475 kit..

BUT - I think the 475 kit will maintain some warranty, if that's a concern.. Double-check with Brent. I know for CERTAIN that if you have it installed at Saleen directly (Troy, MI or Irvine, CA) you get a 12/12 powertrain warranty, I think it's the same at a SpeedLab (which Brenspeed is)..

If anyone is debating going - find my thread on my install. It's kinda long, but it's a GREAT read and will give you a real good idea of just how fantastic their customer service is. And Dave, the installer, is TOP-NOTCH. I wouldn't hesitate to drive out there again, and I probably will this summer, just to update my pic on their site.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:10 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, Brent was shocked, I had been running the 3.2 pulley for about 3 mo's and flogging the crap out of the car. The 3.2 was giving me 10lbs of boost and 467 h.p. which compares pretty well with the Whipple boys. The cams give me another 26 h.p. with the same boost level. For the boost I'm running, which an awful lot of people run, the pick up with the cams was impressive to me. I like the sound too, it's not a big lope but you can tell something is in there. I really noticed a big difference in 4th with the cams, I race my buddy alotand were usually dead even, or its a who gets the best jump, now in 4th it jumps out there. Hope you go with Brenspeed, they're top knotch.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:18 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Yeah kolb02, I'd be interested in what you pull. Iknow Brent had a guy come in from Nebraska that made good numbers on the Stage 4.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:43 PM
kolb02
2nd Gear Member

Ya it will be interesting I'm at 3300ft elevation so I won't be making as much power as you guys. I talked to Brent and were thinking of going to the 2.8 pulley to get my boost up to 11lbs.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:26 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Yeah kolb02, when I was talking with Brent and Dave elevation came up and they said cars out in Jersey and States closer to sea level do well at the track and h.p. wise. 3200 really cuts into your numbers, hard to push thin air. It's silly how temperatures effect the cars. My car feels completely different in cooler weather versus the hot weather we have in St.Louis. I'm just about completely done with my car now, I need to pick up an aftermarket hood, rotors, and the heat exchanger. Tires are a nuisance issue that has to be addressed occasionally to often. Good luck on the dyno and numbers, don't be disappointed, remember everyone out there with you fights the same air.

Quick Reply: brenspeed saleen stages