Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

KENNE BELL idea

Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 PM
BrazoriaStang
1st Gear Member

Default KENNE BELL idea

I know there are tons of posts on this forum debating superchargers and I have read a lot and want to know if anyone has feedback on my plan. I am thinking I want to go with the kenne belle. I only want about 425 rwhp at the most for now. My plan is to buy the kenne belle 2.6L intercooled kit, even though the non intercooled 5psi will make about the power I am looking for. Does anyone have the intercooled kit only running 6 or 7 psi? I can always have the 8psi pulley and tune aside if I want to use it. Also, the website says the superchargers can go from 6 to 25 psi so if I ever build a forged bottom end or buy a shortblock then I will have an adequate supercharger.....by the way I have an 06 GT Auto.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:58 PM
sawyer
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: KENNE BELL idea

Word to the wise, get the Whipple. It is a more complete kit and runs a ton cooler. I am switching over.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sawyer

Word to the wise, get the Whipple. It is a more complete kit and runs a ton cooler. I am switching over.
+1
Old 03-04-2008, 06:38 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

+1

I have nothing against KB per say, but from just about everyone I have talked to it is over complicated kit. Also when I tried to contact them I never got any response.

No problems with my whipple.

I am running the Whipple HO at 8psi with the overly (OVERLY) safe canned whipple tune and am right where you want to be power wise.

From talking to a few people I can pick up 20+rwhp with just a tune at 8psi, and about 50+rwhp with a tune and 10psi.

Very happy with the kit. I had the IAT moved to after the blower and cruising there is a 4-5 deg F difference from ambient.

Thanks,
Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 AM
BrazoriaStang
1st Gear Member

Thanks I'll definetly consider whipple. Where are some good places to buy the whipple from? Remember that I have an auto, why does the ford racing website not reccomend the HO for auto? Does the trans not handle as much power as manual?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:27 AM
batmobile2005
2nd Gear Member

im not planning on getting a supercharger, and you would know better than i do, but the KB supercharger has its intake in a more remote place by the front bumper, wouldnt that make it suck in much cooler air than the whipple and saleen? or does the whipple just inherently run cooler than the kenne bell regardless of air intake temp?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:36 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BrazoriaStang

Thanks I'll definetly consider whipple. Where are some good places to buy the whipple from? Remember that I have an auto, why does the ford racing website not reccomend the HO for auto? Does the trans not handle as much power as manual?
Steve @ Tousley Ford, Lethal Performance, HCM, shop around for the best price.

The FRPP site doesnt list all of the packages that Whipple has. Go to the whipple site to see the rest.

And yes the manual trans holds more power than the auto. I believe the Tremec is rated to 390 tq, but with an aftermarket clutch they seem to do fine to 475tq if treated nicely.

Auto's from what I have seen are ok to about 400-425 and then they start to suffer with the input shaft and the like. IMO I would stop at 425 and put on a huge trans cooler and deep pan.

Good luck,
Old 03-04-2008, 10:52 AM
ziperhead
2nd Gear Member

The remote air intake is exactly why I bought a KB. It cracks me up to see the hp numbers where the hood was up and a fan blowing on the engine. Last time I was at the track I didnt see to may drivers going by with the hood up
Old 03-04-2008, 11:07 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Yes the KB CAI is probably the only true cold air intake.
However the Whipple supercharger itself produces less heat than the KB.
My KB gets very hot, the Whipple dont get as much heat soak.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:39 AM
BrazoriaStang
1st Gear Member

I assume they have canned tunes for the whipple HO on an auto.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KENNE BELL idea