Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Do you lose bottom-end torque with a lightweight driveshaft?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:28 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Do you lose bottom-end torque with a lightweight driveshaft?

ORIGINAL: wadman

I have had a aluminum and a chromoly d/s. They both made cabin noise and vibrated. And yes a have adj uca's as well as all the other suspension mods. I went back to the stock d/s and man... what a difference. I can dive the car over 70mph again w/o getting shook to death. Im sure someone will say theirs is great but 8 out of 10 people have these issues. Its alot of money to make your car drive like crap!!!
Same here brotha...I have my stock shaft on and am loving every minute of it!

I now have aaluminum shaft that everyone "swears by"collecting dust in my garage!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:27 AM
shaftmasters

ORIGINAL: wadman

I have had a aluminum and a chromoly d/s. They both made cabin noise and vibrated. And yes a have adj uca's as well as all the other suspension mods. I went back to the stock d/s and man... what a difference. I can dive the car over 70mph again w/o getting shook to death. Im sure someone will say theirs is great but 8 out of 10 people have these issues. Its alot of money to make your car drive like crap!!!
Hi this is Robert with Shaftmasters. We make aluminum driveshafts for many vehicles including the '05 and up Mustang both V-6 and V-8's. We have sold over 140 Mustang driveshafts. We offer an unconditional 10 day money back guarantee on these shafts. We give you 10 days from the time you receive our driveshaft to install and test it out. If your not satisfied inform us within these first 10 days and we'll give you a full refund. To date we have had onlyone customer take us up on this. We believe that he had other issues causing his "harmonic vibration" but it doesn't matter the reason. Like we say "unconditional" means just that. We want potential customers not to worry that they will be stuck with a expensive product that they are not happy with. We have confidence in our product. The OEM two-piece driveshaft does have a rubber element sound deadener inside that prevents the transfer of harmonics better than the sound deadener used inside aluminum driveshafts. It is also what causes the OEM two-piece shaft to weigh so much. If your Mustang has a rigid, racing type suspension than we can't guarantee that there won't be any harmonic vibration and you probably shouldn't go with an aluminum driveshaft. Anyone else can feel confident that you will be happy with our shaft.
Robert
Old 04-07-2008, 11:32 AM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

I have a shaftmasters DS. So far i like it, I do have a vibration over 100mph but I am hoping that is a pinion angle issue. I have an adjustable UCA on order so I should be putting that on saturday and I'll be back at the track sunday to test it.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Havoc06

I have a Driveshaft shop chromoly 1 piece driveshaft and as soon as I hit the gas pedal I noticed how much quicker my engine revved.