Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

supercharger question

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 07:29 PM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

Default supercharger question

I had a saleen supercharger installed on my 07 Mustang GT last year. The installers put the intercooler pump on the passenger side up in the fender well. Problem that came about is that two days back I noticed wires hanging down from that side. What I found was that the plug on the bottom of the intercooler pump was approximately 3/4 to 1 inch lower than my front bumper. Evidently it had been rubbing for some time. It finally completely wore the wire off at the plug. I was able to repair the plug, but I can't remember if the pump runs constant or if it runs off a heat sensor. In the event that I should run constant, is there an inline fuse for this pump or do you think that it is trashed? And, is there anything that I should be looking out for in the event that it may have hurt my engine by not pumping the intercooler fluid? I have not done a whole lot of driving, but I did run out of town yesterday on a 4 hour trip in my Mustang. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.........

Thanks,
Keith
Old 08-10-2008, 01:55 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Default RE: supercharger question

Just repair the wires and see if it runs okay. It should be on a relay but always running if ignition on. Why would the pump be trashed?
Old 08-11-2008, 12:36 AM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: supercharger question

zkiller,
Thank you my friend for your help. As I stated before, I am sorry for asking stupid questions.
But in a way, your experience and suggestions helped in finding the solution.
Before I wrote concerning my SC, I did check my fuse and the wiring first. Actually, I even checked it twice. So After reading your post, and looking at the bigger picture, "why would the pump be trashed", I checked the fuse again. Holding to the light and this time wearing my glasses, I could make out an area where the fuse failed. It was not in the usual center place, it was on the right side of the fuse about half way up the side and very hard to see. Needless to say, this was the problem. It was a very good day finding the problem.
I appreciate your help very much.
I am not sure how long I have been driving it around without the intercooler pump working, so now I am concerned if there is a possibility that I may have damaged my SC or vehicle in some way.

Thanks again,
Keith
RCMC