Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

clutch problem?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:17 PM
dannybarber95

Cool clutch problem?

i have an 07 GT. at low rpm, like while pulling through a drive through, just easing along, my car shakes and shutters like an old rig with a wore out clutch. if you give it a little gas, its not a problem. my dealer says they all do it. anyone else have this problem? i am thinking of going to a different dealer.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:40 AM
raredesign
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dannybarber95
i have an 07 GT. at low rpm, like while pulling through a drive through, just easing along, my car shakes and shutters like an old rig with a wore out clutch. if you give it a little gas, its not a problem. my dealer says they all do it. anyone else have this problem? i am thinking of going to a different dealer.
Something is probably wrong. I believe these transmissions are used in the F series trucks and are semi heavy duty utility, so if you are hearing anything beyond the grind/grown of a truck tranny at low rpm, I would have it checked.
If it is a rattle, then it might be a bellhousing issue...which is what I have I believe. I still have to get it fixed. There are other posts on here about that, but it is just a rattle issue, not a shake/shutter.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:00 AM
dosequis1998

I have an 07 GT also and do not have this problem. If you are not stalling the engine to where it bucks, I would definitley get a second opinion.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:30 PM
davisda1

Red face Clutch is not smooth

I'm not sure if we are focused on the actual topic here. But I would like to add that clutching my 2006 is not as smooth as it could be. It is not an easy car to shift smoothly.
I have a Hurst short throw and the shifting of the actual transmission is fine but, letting the clutch out smoothly is a challenge.
I was speaking to a co-member at my Mustang club the other night we both came to agreement on the clutch is strange in these new Mustangs.
Don't get me wrong once I am going to 3ed gear on up it's pretty good.
I would like to ask what RPM do most of you **** from 1st to 2ed to 3ed gear.
I have found that I have go to up to at least 2700 from 1st to 2ed to get any kind of smoothness.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:35 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dannybarber95
I have this problem and was told itis normal. My ex's 08 C/S also does it. I don't think you have anything to worry about, my friend.