Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Saleen blower with 550 HP for 08 GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 04:54 PM
graygt07
2nd Gear Member

i had the stage 3 last year and ran the car hard with no problems. and made 420hp. i was at the track about 25 times. i ran drag strip, autox, and road race.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:39 PM
CandyRedGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BRENSPEED
Our stage 3 is the most popular choice among our customers. We rate it a 500 HP flywheel. We rate them on the low side and many customers make near 550 wih long tubes or our twin screw cams. The street ability is like stock and mpg usually increases as long as you keep your foot off the floor.

To give you an idea of how reliable the combo is we drove our automatic stage 3 2006 GT to Florida from Indiana last year. We averaged 76 MPH on the trip, 23.4 MPG, and it ran 11.60 at the fun ford event. We then drove it back no problem and luckily no tickets. Just one speed contest on the way down and the GTO was not happy. That car also had our twin screw cams in it and a super safe Brenspeed tune.

Some Saleen customers...
http://www.brenspeed.com/customers.html
HI. What do you charge to install a 475 Saleen kit with extreme cold air and Saleen dash mounted gauges? You'll need to custom tune for my long tubes/exhaust and 3.73 gears. I'll be ready in a couple of weeks. thankyou,Joe
Old 04-01-2009, 12:51 AM
maxpain
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CandyRedGT
Anyone used/heard good/bad input about these? I'm looking into a Super Charger setup for my 08 GT with an 4.6/auto trans. Already has long tubes,hi-flow cats,axle backs, Modular Mustang cold air,3.73 gears. What bowers do you have experience with. I have a Roush Charger on my 04 F150.Truck runs great... BUT do NOT like that you cannot remove the speed limiter,cannot change anything in the calibration. Also the shift points are alot lower rpm than a stock tune was in my truck. What about Pro chargers???? Drive it alot. drag on weekends!! WANT to maintain street ability and NOT grenade the car! Thanks,Joe
I have the 2.6 KB....stick car,runing the KB stock tune,for now since I'm not intercooled yet(I'm beatng the crap out of it mostly around town and never gets hot we'll see summer time),just running 6 psi of boost...the car is a trip now stock....I'd say you would't go wrong with either or...but from all the TS blowers the KB has the best# in everything.I know this is a saleen froum so for those of you that will start runnig their diksukers...you can kiss my aaaaz.The guy needs info

Last edited by maxpain; 04-01-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by maxpain
I know this is a saleen froum so for those of you that will start runnig their diksukers...you can kiss my aaaaz
Dude were you dropped on your head as a child?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:58 AM
maxpain
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
Dude were you dropped on your head as a child?
Not as a child...but I've had my share of fun crashes.....anways,I didn't started it,just figure I'll post it so that I'm clear that I'M JUST POSTING MY 0.02$ AND THATS ALL
Old 05-01-2009, 12:39 AM
CandyRedGT
1st Gear Member

My Saleen 475 is getting installed Monday!! Can't wait!! Now...IF BMR would ship my rear lower control arms/rellocation brackets,upper adustable arm and mount that i paid for middle of LAST week it would be NICE!!!! Not sure what their hold up is?? Emailed them several days ago. aLL i got was....mope, they are not packed/shipped yet???? When i ordered on the phone all sounded great..but...nothing here and no repolies to where are they/tracking ##???
Old 05-01-2009, 12:27 PM
white531
1st Gear Member

Had the stage 3 with the stage 4 inlet put on by breenspeed 2 weeks ago.Will try to get it on a dyno when this rain lets up.Tony,sapulpa okla.More post to follow.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:58 AM
CandyRedGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by white531
Had the stage 3 with the stage 4 inlet put on by breenspeed 2 weeks ago.Will try to get it on a dyno when this rain lets up.Tony,sapulpa okla.More post to follow.
Their doing mine Monday!! Can't wait!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:33 PM
justin96gt
2nd Gear Member

+1 to the kbell i have the 2.6 and love it and it has been daily driven for the past 16 months with 0 problems
Old 07-29-2009, 08:52 AM
JPO8GT

Default SALEEN SUPER CHARGER FACTS

I am a Brenspeed customer I have been very pleased with the Saleen's quality and performance for a street car I think they are the best for the money! I bought my car new from kokamo, IN drove it strait to Brenspeed for the install of there stage3 kit my eperiance was great with Brenspeed.
my first dyno at Brenspeed i put down just over 413 rwhp and 399 rwtq.
i put about 10000 miles on the car before returning to a dynojet on running nothing but Shell 93 octain and my second oil change at 6000 miles i switched from ford oil to Mobil1 no modification changes to the car and pulled just over 438 rwhp and 421 rwtq my theory is i could have still had some crapy gas from the dealer in the tank and the moter had some breakin time both pulls were ran at 80 degree run conditions the only fif was one was in indiana and one in georgia not sure on elevation dif.
i have since added a 3.0 pully bassani xpipe with twin screw custom grind cams from brenspeed put it on the dyno with a HOT run condition of 101.8 degrees pulled 478.8 RWHP and 427.7 RWTQ cant wait to get it back on with a 80 degree run condition the trq is fat and flat and stays at 400 and above from 3000 - 6000 then slightly drops HP climbs all the way but even at 6500 its in the 470'S THE CAMS HELP ALOT WITH PUTTING THE POWER WHERE ITS NEEDED ON TOP WITH THE TWIN SCREW THE BOTTOM END CAN BE A BIT MUCH ESPECIALLY ON STREET RADIALS THE CAMS SEEM TO HELP A BIT WITH THAT!

Quick Reply: Saleen blower with 550 HP for 08 GT