Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Email Tunes...I Don't Get It

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 11:45 AM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Default Email Tunes...I Don't Get It

If these email tunes are so basic (canned), why can't they just email them to you within a day or so? The only real variable is the processor code and I would think this doesn't require hours on the computer. They want you to pay an "expediting fee" to get it to you in a reasonable time.
Am I wrong, or is this no more than sending a file for my processor code? I'm pretty sure they have a 93 tune already for a Steeda CAI because the rest of the mods really don't affect it. I was quoted a 7 business day lead time? It's not like I have some crazy set up with FI, cams, etc. Either they're trying to play up the complexity of this or they're so slammed that I need to be in their business.

This is similar to when I installed stereos professionally and a super easy car would come in for a head unit and we'd tell them an hour when actually we could have it in there before the paper work was filled out - we were embarassed to let them know they spent $50 for 10 minutes (this was the minimum we could charge per our company).

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Can someone shed some light on this?
Old 05-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

What company are you dealing with?
Old 05-15-2009, 12:28 PM
08GT4U
2nd Gear Member

i have a feeling hes talking about brenspeed.well if you have a company that is slam with walk in customers and in top of that you have about 100 emails a day for tunes and things that need to be added to tunes allready purchase plus other problems that come with all that i think 5 to 7 days is not that bad.i know what you mean since i just went through it.
it is a pain in the *** having to wait for a tune but the time is well worth it if your dealing with brenspeed.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:29 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
What company are you dealing with?
Nuke - It's Brenspeed. They're great, don't get me wrong. I just understand all the drama around these tunes.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:39 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08GT4U
i have a feeling hes talking about brenspeed.well if you have a company that is slam with walk in customers and in top of that you have about 100 emails a day for tunes and things that need to be added to tunes allready purchase plus other problems that come with all that i think 5 to 7 days is not that bad.i know what you mean since i just went through it.
it is a pain in the *** having to wait for a tune but the time is well worth it if your dealing with brenspeed.
08GT4U - I am in the wrong biz if they're even getting 30 tune purchases a day - $56K per month just in email tunes. Their business is no different than any other; if they're that busy, it's time to hire a person or two -- it's just basic business 101.

If there is another reason I'm missing, please chime in.

Let's put it this way - if someone went to buy a 50" lcd (been saving and saving) for their house one weekend and the store said "7 business day lead time", would you buy it there? No way. One might say "tuning expertise" is different but a wise business owner won't fall into that trap and think there aren't other options for the customer...i.e. B@M@ I'm fine with the wait, I just don't get it.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:46 PM
08GT4U
2nd Gear Member

i know exactly what you mean.i just got mines yesterday after 8 days of waiting and i was wondering the same as you while waiting but i wouldnt want a new person doing my tune.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:07 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08GT4U
i know exactly what you mean.i just got mines yesterday after 8 days of waiting and i was wondering the same as you while waiting but i wouldnt want a new person doing my tune.
I'm still in denial that it will take that long
Old 05-15-2009, 03:26 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

it took VMP 10 days to get me my 93 tune....I am actually looking into Brenspeed as well.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

That's what's so great about getting a dyno tune. It's done right there in front of you!
Old 05-15-2009, 04:11 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chris07GT
That's what's so great about getting a dyno tune. It's done right there in front of you!
Agreed...I'm still trying to work through Spending $300 on that with basic mods

Quick Reply: Email Tunes...I Don't Get It