Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Procharger Power Claims

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 01:01 AM
texasstang1962

Hey, i recently had the Vortech V3-s-trim procharger put on my 08 gt, and i am quiet happy and even more happy that it didn't hurt my wallet to bad. i kept the same pullys so i can keep my warranty, and later if i want to up the boost (when my warranty runs out ) I can switch to an U/D pully change out and have more fun. Right now i have 429 HP (Flywheel). untill i can find out for sure how much the Stock mustang Gt can SAFLEY handle, i will keep it there. And oh,, i had to take my bbk Longtube headers off, and reinstall my stock H-pipes in order to keep my warranty. I like my p/c.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:10 AM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by texasstang1962
Hey, i recently had the Vortech V3-s-trim procharger put on my 08 gt, and i am quiet happy and even more happy that it didn't hurt my wallet to bad. i kept the same pullys so i can keep my warranty, and later if i want to up the boost (when my warranty runs out ) I can switch to an U/D pully change out and have more fun. Right now i have 429 HP (Flywheel). untill i can find out for sure how much the Stock mustang Gt can SAFLEY handle, i will keep it there. And oh,, i had to take my bbk Longtube headers off, and reinstall my stock H-pipes in order to keep my warranty. I like my p/c.
I have the V3 kit non IC and dyno out at 392RWHP.. You sure your output is accurate? The tune is super safe and running 91.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:13 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

I've done a lot of searching on Youtube for Vortech, Paxton and Procharger and it seems like the Procharger has the loudest whine out of all of them and I love it. It also seems like the Procharger also has the loudest blow off stuttering noise when off the throttle. Why is that? Also, check out this video of a Procharged mustang with a CDC shaker. This particular vid sounds pretty crappy though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abK0E...eature=related

Looks like he cut the air tube from the shaker to force air right onto the filter. I like this idea since the location of the filter seems like it'll suck in more hot air than the Vortech or Paxton. I'm leaning towards the Procharger when I'm ready to get a S/C.

Last edited by 2007CalSpec; 07-29-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:14 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by onederful100
i have my whipple tuned to 450 rwhp, thats what i am comfortable running on the stock internals. others have theirs tuned up to 500+ on the stock internals. i do not doubt prochargers claims of high hp on stock motors, but how long will the motors last is the question and how hard are they pushing their cars and how often. IMO, the centris are a little easier on the engines than the TS bc they build boost with rpms, whereas the TS hit the torque hard from the start.

if what you want is a TS, then i would save up for that, bc i would hate to put in a certain SC only to realize later that what i really wanted was something else. something cheap like axlebacks or midpipe, is easily replaced and it doesnt hurt your wallet so much when you switch them out more than once. but putting in a SC is something i only want to do once.
So if the Whipple and KB are out of the question due to cost get the Saleen

Originally Posted by onederful100
between the procharger and the roushcharger, i would go with the procharger without blinking an eye.
Me too!
Originally Posted by 08Eleanor
Yeah, 5k is too much for me. Thats why I'm looking at the cheaper end. I can get a complete used procharger setup for like 2500 or so and a roush for like 2800-3200 or a saleen for like 3500-3800 and that's pretty much all I can afford and plan on spending on a supercharger.
Saleen is a great T/S and unless its the Roush TVS I would not get the Roush
Old 07-29-2009, 10:27 AM
08Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

Well, I am starting to lean towards getting a procharger as I really like the blow off valve sound and I heard it does whine (lame, but its one of my favorite things about having a supercharger).

What I'm now worried about is the difference between launches with a procharger versus stock. Now obviously, our cars are pretty quick N/A off the line but not amazingly fast, and a TS would change that pretty quickly. However, with a procharger will launches improve even though they build power as rpms increase? I really like hard launches and if a procharger won't add much off a stock launch then I would want to wait it out and get a used saleen or whipple.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:27 AM
texasstang1962

I have the same set up, my 08/GT originally had the functional shaker hood, well, with my Vortech s/c set up i can keep the "shaker" look. and yes, i would like to somehow make the "non functional" air tube blow strait into the intake filter, but havent actually taken the time to look good and hard @ the situation, to see how i can do it. If anybody has any pic's of anyone who has conqured this please allow me to view the pic's. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:14 AM
RoushGT
1st Gear Member

You can launch a procharged car very hard, you just have to tach up first. My biggest problem is traction. Even from a soft, non boosted launch, I will begin spinning the tires as the boost comes up. My buddy has the same car as me but with a Kenne Bell, and his boost starts lower in the RPM range but I can still out power him from a dig.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:55 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

After I read this little piece of information it made me lean towards getting a centrifugal S/C rather than a twin screw or roots. I want my drivetrain to last as long as possible considering the way I drive sometimes. lol I basically don't want to have to upgrade every drivetrain component just to handle the instant torque from a TS or roots blower.
http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=89
Old 07-29-2009, 08:44 PM
silverpony41
2nd Gear Member

The procharger is just awesome.........I have yet to get blown, but when i do it will be procharger. If anyone knows of a website that has a good deal on a procharger please post. I can,t find one for less than 5200 complete.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:49 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

This is where I plan to buy mine when I'm ready; maybe by the end of the year.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...=PC-1FP214-SCI

Quick Reply: Procharger Power Claims