Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

What CAI works best with a Shaker Hood

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 05:54 PM
jsilvermanjr

Default What CAI works best with a Shaker Hood

I have a Shaker Hood on my 06 boss and i cant seem to find a cold air intake that will work with it without altering the shaker. I have bought a K&n which definately wont work. Any Ideas?
Old 09-05-2009, 06:05 PM
2007VistaBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Really? Thay all should work all you have to do is cut a whole on the bracket of the CAI that bolts to the frame of the car on the driver side.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Yeah normally he would only have to to cut a hole in the heat shield of the CAI, but he has an 06 Boss and since that car doesn't exist who knows how the engine bay is set up...

Now if he has a GT like most the rest of the world maybe he bought a drop in K&N and doesn't know the difference.

Don't forget if you buy a CAI kit you WILL need a tune... Good luck Bossman... lol @ u
Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 AM
jsilvermanjr

Originally Posted by Boozshey
Yeah normally he would only have to to cut a hole in the heat shield of the CAI, but he has an 06 Boss and since that car doesn't exist who knows how the engine bay is set up...

Now if he has a GT like most the rest of the world maybe he bought a drop in K&N and doesn't know the difference.

Don't forget if you buy a CAI kit you WILL need a tune... Good luck Bossman... lol @ u
dude i have a K&n cai and the heat shield is at an angle and definitely smaller than the factory air box. I appreciate your sarcasm but i am not retarded, i bought the car from my father who told me it was a boss, it says boss on the side so its a boss, that would be like saying there is no bullit, it says bullit on the badge so... its a bullit, a package... just like the boss.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

But the Bullit is a real car. THERE IS NO BOSS PACKAGE!!! So it isn't a BOSS!!! It's like slapping on some Cobras and saying it's a Shelby, or throwing on some gold stripes and saying it's a Hertz.

Sorry man, your dad ripped you off when he told you it was a BOSS. LOL @ YOU FOR GETTING SCAMMED BY YOUR DADDY!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:53 AM
jsilvermanjr

Originally Posted by 2007VistaBlueGT
Really? Thay all should work all you have to do is cut a whole on the bracket of the CAI that bolts to the frame of the car on the driver side.
i thought the same thing when i purchase the Cold Air Kit, the k&n has a significantly smaller heat shield than like the c&l kits do and the K&n doesn't line up right with the shaker which is why i see people modifying the shaker. I just want to find someone who has a shaker and cold air combo and didnt modify the shaker, i have a tuner so any cai will be fine!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:57 AM
jsilvermanjr

But the Bullit is a real car. THERE IS NO BOSS PACKAGE!!! So it isn't a BOSS!!! It's like slapping on some Cobras and saying it's a Shelby, or throwing on some gold stripes and saying it's a Hertz.

Sorry man, your dad ripped you off when he told you it was a BOSS. LOL @ YOU FOR GETTING SCAMMED BY YOUR DADDY!!!
listen dude, there was a boss package in 06, my dad bought it off the showroom floor just like it is. the bullit is just a green gt with different badges! but if you say i dont have a boss then it must be true Henry Ford, thanks for the help.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

You'll ALWAYS have to modify the shaker to make it work with a CAI. It's made for the stock air box. :/ Buy some flex tubing from the auto store and make it work.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:59 AM
jsilvermanjr

You'll ALWAYS have to modify the shaker to make it work with a CAI. It's made for the stock air box. :/ Buy some flex tubing from the auto store and make it work.
thanks. is it just 3 inch flex tubing from auto zone?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsilvermanjr
listen dude, there was a boss package in 06, my dad bought it off the showroom floor just like it is. the bullit is just a green gt with different badges! but if you say i dont have a boss then it must be true Henry Ford, thanks for the help.
Wow, really, there are a lot of things that make the Bullit what it is. Not just a green GT with a badge. Do your homework.

In fact Mustangforums was nice enough to put it all in one place for you. https://mustangforums.com/articles/2...rformance.html

The 2006 Boss you speak of you don't have. I know this cause you have a K&N. Hope your dad didn't spend extra cause the dealer decided to make their own car.

But anyways to answer you questions. Yes, it's Spectre 3" tubing, color of your choice. Get a couple clamps too.. You can kinda see how it's ran to the bottom of my CAI in that pic. It can go straight across with no bends if you wish, but I didn't want to cut through my STEEDA sticker...

Quick Reply: What CAI works best with a Shaker Hood