Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

So I have a couple questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:44 AM
Red ll iine GT
2nd Gear Member

Default So I have a couple questions...

1:There are many CAI's out there that all relatively do the same thing..so which one do I go with? I'm leaning towards C&L or K&N Typhoon.

2: My GT is auto..so do I go with Bama or Brenspeed? I want throttle response and faster get up and go..and I cant really tell in the forums which to go with for that.

3: I believe that $270 is way too much for H.I.D.s' through AM..so where do I buy for best quality/price? Has anyone heard/used H.I.D.'s from RetroSolutions? They seem pretty big on here. Any input would be nice..thanks.

4: Is Pypes Mid Muffler System the loudest you can go in exhaust?
Old 09-13-2009, 12:31 PM
2007VistaBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red ll iine GT
1:There are many CAI's out there that all relatively do the same thing..so which one do I go with? I'm leaning towards C&L or K&N Typhoon.

2: My GT is auto..so do I go with Bama or Brenspeed? I want throttle response and faster get up and go..and I cant really tell in the forums which to go with for that.

3: I believe that $270 is way too much for H.I.D.s' through AM..so where do I buy for best quality/price? Has anyone heard/used H.I.D.'s from RetroSolutions? They seem pretty big on here. Any input would be nice..thanks.

4: Is Pypes Mid Muffler System the loudest you can go in exhaust?
1: They're all the same sh&t, get a 95mm CAI that you like the best. The Tune is the most important....
2: Either or Bren or Bama seem to have a good following.
3: $270 is cheap if you want something good. IF you want the cheap **** with the ballasts that burn out all the time go get that cheap Chinese garbage from eGay.
4: SLP Loud Mouths are pretty loud but you might as well just pull off your mufflers and drive around like that, its loud cheap and obnoxious so you might want to see if you like it before you buy anything.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:08 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

if that's your garage, i like it.

i'd like to see more pics if you have them.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Red ll iine GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hammeron
if that's your garage, i like it.

i'd like to see more pics if you have them.

Lol not my garage..thats the showroom i got it off of. More pics:

Driveway..

Showroom..
Old 09-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

As far as the CAI & tune are concerned, get the CAI that looks the best and suits your wallet. Steeda, C&L, JLT are typically the most popular. K&N is popular, too, but I personally have an issue with K&N from some previous bad press. Pay me no mind...

For the tune, Bama has HAD the edge over Brenspeed for tunes on autos but I've heard a lot of auto guys that recently got their tunes from Brenspeed have been very pleased. I'd like to think that Brenspeed stepped up to the plate after hearing how all the auto guys were leaning towards Bama. But I think you'd do great with either one.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Lol not my garage..thats the showroom i got it off of.
I like the corral around your stang in the center of the grill, the bars look good also. That first pic in the showroom, your stripes looked gold. Very nice car all the way around, congrats.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:56 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

thanks for the additional pics, that car
is a real beauty....congrats

Lol not my garage..thats the showroom i got it off of. More pics:

Old 09-13-2009, 08:19 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
For the tune, Bama has HAD the edge over Brenspeed for tunes on autos but I've heard a lot of auto guys that recently got their tunes from Brenspeed have been very pleased. I'd like to think that Brenspeed stepped up to the plate after hearing how all the auto guys were leaning towards Bama. But I think you'd do great with either one.

One of them would be me!

My new Brenspeed tune (93 octane) kicks major ***. My first Brenspeed tunes were weak below 3K and off throttle, but not any more. This is a crazy powerful tune, even more so than my Bama Race tune and it shifts better IMO. I also no longer get a downshift clunk into 2nd like I used to (although I still do if I manually go into 2nd - these trans do not like to downshift unless the rpms are very low for some reason).

I say you should eventually get tunes from both places and see which you like better. I really like my Bama tunes a lot, but this new Brenspeed tune kicks.

I also hear awesome things from VMP and Tillman Speed. I plan on checking them out someday too.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:24 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Another thing, with Bama, they will update your tune for free for any new mods you add (I think the exception is N2O and FI) even if you do not buy the mod from them.

With Brenspeed, they will only updated it for free if you buy the mod from them. That's the only negative thing I can say about Brenspeed. But their quality and service make up for it for sure. Plus their emails tunes are not that expensive anyway. It's not like a dyno tune that'll run 400+ usually.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 AM
HoorayBeer
2nd Gear Member

there was a comparison a magazine made on cai's. jlt was the best bang for buck.

Quick Reply: So I have a couple questions...