Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Comp Cams XFI

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:20 PM
MustangRacing4.6ltr
Kenmore Fan

ahh sounds good....and i have a buddy who used to be with coloradostangs but dropped out of the club, he gots lots of parts /recommendations from there as well! and my stang is a weekender and downtime for parts are not a problem, but lol when you know those hi flow heads are going on the stang , a month can seem like an eternity! hopefully , we'll get some dry days coming up here in colorado, when you get it back to let us know how it drives!....
Old 10-22-2009, 10:14 AM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

Hopefully he has the heads this week and I can get the car back on Saturday...the weather is supposed to be nice. It should be like a different car. Basically from stock with a drop in K&N air filter, FRPP x-pipe, Corsa Sports, and factory tune (281hp baseline), to cai, heads, cams, headers (shorty), tune, and an MGW shifter thrown in for good measure. I'll try to remember to bring the video camera when I pick it up so I can get some sound bites for the internet world.

Last edited by breathegood; 10-22-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:45 PM
MustangRacing4.6ltr
Kenmore Fan

lol ah not just the heads but all the other stuff as well !man i dont know how your doing it! for your sake i hope its saturday when its done! ya thats good were gonna have a non snow weekend coming up here ....same thing about the vid.....im actually waiting for my video cam to get repaired at the shop and hopefully ill get that back monday next week ....so i can finally put my car /exhuast /drive bys on youtube as well! also , let me know how you like the mgw , because that seems to be the popular shifter on here and i almost bought those with my gears 2 days back!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:55 PM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

I'll tell you all about my shifter as long as you let me know all about the 3.90's
Old 10-22-2009, 07:11 PM
MustangRacing4.6ltr
Kenmore Fan

hehe ya monday night after their installed , ill let you know if i had the bad experience or the good one lol ! on my truck when i had 4:56's put in , i had to break em 500 miles before whomping on it, is the same true for mustangs , or is it just new gear installs all together? i just couldnt fricken decide on 3:73's or 4:10s , i swore on getting 4:10s, then kept reading the neg's about it on highway and i decided to just take the risk on non frpp 3:90s! also wondering if ill run faster than 14.7 at bandimere with 3:90s
Old 10-23-2009, 03:28 AM
hardcore302
2nd Gear Member

ahh 390's. cool. 456's would make our first gear usless, tho.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:26 AM
MustangRacing4.6ltr
Kenmore Fan

ya thats damn near how my first gear in the truck is now lol makes for a hell of a launch in a 5200 lb truck though , ill tell ya that!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:59 AM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

If you're truck is anything like mine, I'm guessing you did 4.56 gears not for improved track times, but for the same two reasons I did: to compensate for bigger tires and to go SLOWER!!! Now that I have a go-fast car, I sort of regret not getting 4.88's in the truck.

Who is installing your gears? I know the complaint with Motives is that they make some noise, but if they are properly setup, they should be no different than FRPP brand. I think it's interesting that Motive is at the bottom of most people's list around here, but for my truck, Motive was the #1 choice. If I end up doing gears on the 'stang, 3.90 would be my 1st choice as well.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:08 PM
MustangRacing4.6ltr
Kenmore Fan

ya , motive 4:56's in the truck main reasons are: four wheeling , towing ,33 inch tires on 20's and lol launching like a ****! as far as my gear install, im having 4 wheels parts in denver do it, they did my truck ,and as you said , motive is the #1 recommended gear for my truck too. i asked about the motive's for mustangs, and they said they back motive all the way, they dont recommend doing frpp gears over motive gears at all , and they said they havent had a problem with motive's installing in mustangs yet! so i guess you can say they made me feel more comforatable with the install, lol i double checked to make sure they would do it right and make em not whine with the rumours , but they said they will not let it go to me if thats an issue.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:10 PM
MustangRacing4.6ltr
Kenmore Fan

i actually cant believe there is some people on here putting 4:56's on their stangs lol! bye bye first gear i would imagine!

Quick Reply: Comp Cams XFI