Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

NEEDED whipple peice to complete install

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 07:00 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Default NEEDED whipple peice to complete install

hello guys i bought a whipple kit used from someone and what was suppose to be a complete kit turns out was missing quite a few small parts. On thursday i had to call whipple and have them overnight some parts i needed that set me back another 300. Come saturday, i find out that i need 3 more small freaking pieces and so im very pissed now. I want to know if i can find these pipe connectors from any hardware store, or must i have whipple overnight me these for probably another 100 bucks. Any help appreciated. by the way, these connectors go where the throttle body is.

What i need are the 2 black connectors and 1 silver one.
Whipple calls them:
Top black: 5/8” OD quick connect fitting
Bottom silver:billet 3/8” barb fitting
Bottom Black: billet 3/8” OD quick connect fitting

Would really like to avoid the pain in the *** ordering from whipple again...(they accidentally forgot to overnight it Thursday afternoon so i had to wait for Friday for them to do it, ultimately receiving it Saturday instead of Friday)
Old 10-11-2009, 07:04 PM
shane.stockard
2nd Gear Member

Man I don't have a clue...
Old 10-11-2009, 07:18 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

ChiDiddy, the bottom silver 3/8" barb fitting
would be fairly easy to find, at a
good plumbing supply/hardware store.
the other two with the quick connects,
i'm not sure about.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:25 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

thanks hammeron, thats the same thing my installer told me. Ill be looking tomorrow morning and if i cant find anything im calling whipple
Old 10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

That sux that it didn't come with those fittings. I can't imagine it was ever installed. If I pulled my blower to sell used, the last thing i'd do is remove those fittings.

You can get an aluminum barb fitting at home depot and you could probably get by with all barb fittings, just buy some 90 degree elbows and eliminated the quick connect fittings from the lines. I can't remember what lines go to those, but I think they were all just rubber hose. Get three barbs, 2 being elbows and some hose clamps.

Why is b a r b e d being ****** out.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:29 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i did some searching, but found nothing
with those special quick disconnects...

hopefully whipple will sell you the pieces at
a reasonable price.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:44 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Well the person i bought this kit from was selling it for her son who was overseas. Turns out they bought an ENTIRE whipple ho kit instead of just upgrading thier kit. So the dealer interchanged the parts and left quite a few parts still in their brand new packaging which the lady accidentally didnt ship told me after i was pissed about it not being complete.

So we shall see if she has this part and can overnight it to me. But in the mean time, Moose do you think i can get the parts you mentioned above in your post from home depot as a quick temporary fix so i can get the car tuned and running and if the seller has the parts she or whipple(ill order without overnight shipping which costed me 75 bucks last time), i can get them to ship me the real part via normal shipping methods and i fix it the right way once it comes in? What do you think?

Moose you are correct about them being rubber hoses. The bottom black one though does connect in a different way, but i doubt it must be custom, just as long as it tightens on as seen in pic below.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:17 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 01-01-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:27 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

reason for rushing is this is my daily driver...... I have been borrowing my little brothers car and i do not want to have to keep asking him to.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

like i said, in the end, the correct parts will go in, just need the approval that this is a good temporary fix until the correct parts come in.

Quick Reply: NEEDED whipple peice to complete install