Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

CAI Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 03:40 PM
1slov6stanguncc
2nd Gear Member

Default CAI Question

I am wanting to put a CAI on my 2010 GT I was looking at Tunnable Induction or JLT I know it will require a tune, All i have done is some muffler deletes, what kind of gains will i get with the intake my exhaust and tune. Also will getting a tune void my warranty, I bought the extended warranty and i dont want to void it.

Thanks
Old 04-21-2010, 03:49 PM
wingless
2nd Gear Member

The nice used 3-series BMW I bought for my daughter to use had a CAI that I had removed.

Good thing.

When she drove it through a puddle and it hydrolocked it was repaired under warranty.

Good luck getting that result w/ a CAI...
Old 04-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Paul1588
1st Gear Member

Why do guys find it neccasary to buy there kids cars? especially daughters? sorry to get off topic,but I hate all them spoiled little bitches who's parents buy them cars,had to say it,that is all
Old 04-21-2010, 04:33 PM
m0nkeydump
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Paul1588
Why do guys find it neccasary to buy there kids cars? especially daughters? sorry to get off topic,but I hate all them spoiled little bitches who's parents buy them cars,had to say it,that is all
Well, if they have the money, why not? I feel you, though. I went to a high school where 16-year olds were driving new BMW and Range Rovers, while I took the bus everyday. This one girl didn't even know what kind of car she was driving (new BMW 325i).
Old 04-21-2010, 04:38 PM
1slov6stanguncc
2nd Gear Member

wow this has nothing to do with my original question talking about a rant lol
Old 04-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Paul1588
1st Gear Member

sorry to get your post of topic,i honostly dont have a good answer for u
Old 04-21-2010, 05:04 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Paul1588
You just earned yourself an infraction bud. Seriously a member post that he bought his daughter a car and then you turn around and call them spoiled bitches??? Go back and read the TOS rules or stop posting
Old 04-21-2010, 05:28 PM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

To answer your original posting, a good CAI (such as JLT) with a good tune (e.g. Tillman, Brenspeed) will get you 20-25 hp. More importantly, it changes the power band and throttle response, and makes the car feel like it got a 100 hp boost.

As for warranty, much depends on how "progressive" your dealer is -- that's the bottom line. But, it wouldn't hurt to keep the original airbox and switch it back before warranty service. I keep mine in a plastic storage bin in the trunk for just that very thing.

Wil -- thanks for keeping the forum respectful. I've been called every name in the book on other forums, and it means much to keep this one under control.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:18 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by cidsamuth
Wil -- thanks for keeping the forum respectful. I've been called every name in the book on other forums, and it means much to keep this one under control.
Welcome man. I think it is important that we can disagree about things but keep it respectful.

My daughter's were bought their first cars by me as well. The oldest is graduating Clemson this May top of her class with a PERFECT GPA all 4 years. She works had as well with a part-time job and helping out in the community. My other just ended her first year at Univ. of South Carolina. Same thing..great grades and works 2 jobs. Why not help them out?
Old 04-21-2010, 06:39 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

if you are worried about the warranty, you can always change the CAI back to stock and reflash the ECU back to stock if you have to bring it in.
you can also ask your local dealer what their view on the CAI in respect to warranty as well, bc it will be them repairing anything.
changing the CAI from stock to aftermarket doesnt take long at all.

Quick Reply: CAI Question