Mid pipe question - MustangForums.com

Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Mid pipe question

Old 05-22-2010, 08:26 PM
1slov6stanguncc
2nd Gear Member

Default Mid pipe question

I have muffler deletes and i want something alittle more louder and efficient. I was wondering if i should run an offroad x and turn the check engine light off but if i change the midpipe ill have to get a tuner to make it run better. What about the prochamber? or if i run hi-flow cats will it still be louder with my muffler deletes?
Old 05-22-2010, 08:33 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1slov6stanguncc View Post
I have muffler deletes and i want something alittle more louder and efficient. I was wondering if i should run an offroad x and turn the check engine light off but if i change the midpipe ill have to get a tuner to make it run better. What about the prochamber? or if i run hi-flow cats will it still be louder with my muffler deletes?
I had SLP LM w/a prochamber and hi-flows welded in. It sounded good but was a little too loud and would get some trumpeting or blaring at mid to part throttle. IMO muffler deletes sound best with the stock catted H and worst with an o/r midpipe. A friend of mine had SLP LM and an o/r x. Sound like a cross between a sewing machine and a crop duster.