Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Vortech Charge cooler users?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:32 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default Vortech Charge cooler users?

Whats the difference between the Vortech charge cooler and the Vortech/Paxton air to air intercooler?? Any advantage of the charge cooler over the air to air?? I have read that the charge cooler is better for the track, but requires water (??) or even ice, but cools down the charge ALOT more efficiently than the air to air intercooler.. just curious. Thought about selling the Vortech and getting a roush m90, but at the power levels I want, I'll most likely have to park over the winter anyways, so it's doesn't matter about Vortechs winter warning (do not use during winter!), unless I can find a place that can send me a "de-tune" for the winter (3psi?) for the m90..
Old 05-31-2010, 04:50 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I was thinking about the charge cooler, and is it like some sort of refrigerant (like the AC) that cools the intake charge?? It looks very compact in the little intercooler area.. not much flow space, but it does it soo efficiently, that it dosen't need the (passive) space like an intercooler. kinda curious of how it all works.. just stuff the canister full of ice/water to keep things cool? how long does it all last?? The air to air seems more simple, but the charge cooler sounds very interesting..