Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

TCS, LOW brake fluid, Parking brake lights illuminated PLEASE help

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Lance9386
1st Gear Member

Default TCS, LOW brake fluid, Parking brake lights illuminated PLEASE help

2007 mustang gt

My car is experiencing the problem indicated in the subject line. I have used the search feature and read about 4 different threads on this subject. I located the G101 ground location and it had some rust on it. I cleaned it and removed the paint at this location. Reconnected, yet the problem still exists. Can anyone offer any other advice for this?
Old 07-06-2010, 12:56 PM
d_ames117
2nd Gear Member

If your pads are all worn down significantly, this can trigger a low brake fluid warning. Have you changed your pads recently?

Dustin
Old 07-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Any chance that you checked for carpet dampness by the passenger kick panel (can you say "water leak issue"?)? Although I suspect you have a real brake issue.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Lance9386
1st Gear Member

No dampness on the carpet, my pads are due for a change. I had no idea that could trigger the code. I would say that could be the problem but I've been experiencing this issue for quite a while, even back when the pads were good. Thanks for that information, I'll change them soon.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Lance9386
1st Gear Member

For clarification, G101 is directly behind and below the drivers side head light correct?
Old 07-08-2010, 11:24 AM
d_ames117
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lance9386
No dampness on the carpet, my pads are due for a change. I had no idea that could trigger the code. I would say that could be the problem but I've been experiencing this issue for quite a while, even back when the pads were good. Thanks for that information, I'll change them soon.
Check the brake fluid level visually. If your pads are worn, though, don't add more fluid just change the pads. If you add more fluid, when you push the piston back in the extra fluid will pour out.

Dustin
Old 07-11-2010, 11:49 PM
GTRaider
1st Gear Member

Default I Feel Your Pain

Holy crap! This sounds very similar to what I'm experiencing!

Two weeks ago, my Son was usuing my car while I was away and had something like this happen. At the time, we thought it was related to a low charged battery. He tried to hit the "Unlock" button on the remote and nothing happened. Unlocked the door w/key and started the car. Message Center said the Oil Pressure was low, the Brake Fluid was low, the Parking Brake was on and the Traction Control was off. Along with this, none of the accessories worked - radio, heater controls or the convertible top button. AND the fuel gauge and oil pressure gauge were at "0". Engine was running fine and he managed to get it home and in the garage.

Two days later, he tried it and the battery wouldn't turn the engine over. He put on my Battery Tender for a few days - but still wouldn't start. When I got home, I put the bigger charger on it and it started and ran fine. The radio went through its usual gyrations when it loses power and power is restored. I noticed that the d/s reading lamp was on so figured that was why the battery died - except that the car has the sense to shut off those accessories when you leave them on - so that was confusing. Also, I had two CEL's
P0463 Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit High Imput
P2068 Fuel Level Sensor B Circuit Concern

Cleared both and checked with Bama Tunes for any possible problem with the Tune I had installed shortly before going away. They didn't think this was related but suggested I call them back if it persists.

I've been using it for a few days this past week with no problems. Today we went for a ride of about 50 miles and all was fine until I went to put the car in the garage tonight after it sat for a few hours. Almost the same thing happened but the accesories weren't affected. The Message Center said that the Oil Pressure was low, the Brake Fluid was low, the Parking Brake was engaged and the Traction Control was off.

Like you, my front brakes are close to needing replacement, so the fluid is a little on the low side, and I notice a bit of corrosion on the ground behind the d/s headlight which I'll take care of tomorrow. But why would all these warnings show up at the same time and under the exact same circumstances as last time - after running fine for several days?

I think I'm going to test to see what the current draw is as they recommend on AllData. They say it should be under 50 milliamps.

If you get an answer to your problem, I'd sure like to hear what it is - and I'll do the same for you!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Lance9386
1st Gear Member

Thanks man, hopefully we can get this issue figured out. The only thing different I see is I never get the low oil pressure indicator and my accessories aren't ever affected along with the problem. Changed the pads this weekend but I am still getting the errors..
Old 07-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

GTRaider, are you familiar with the TSB's for the water leak and for the battery issues?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 AM
GTRaider
1st Gear Member

Default TSB for Water Leak and Battery Issues

To Nuke: Yes and no...

Knew about the battery issues and I think I may have an Alternator going out. When I have a full charge on the battery, it seems to work OK. But after a few hours of running, I think the battery isn't getting charged enough. As I said, I need to do a current draw test to see if there's something draining it while it sits.

As for the water issue, I just read something yesterday about a water leak on the passenger side front near the inside circuit breaker panel. I'll look that up on AllData later and check it out.

As for the CEL's - I might have an issue with the grounds that I'm going to go through when I have the time. Thinking that I might have to replace the fuel pump at some point or at least check the wiring to it. I'm sure glad Ford designed the car with that fuel tank access under the rear seat!!

Thanks for the ideas!

To Lance:
This time the accesories weren't affected. Maybe I need to check that the Oil Pressure isn't low but when all the gauges are running right, the Oil Pressure is well up in the range on the gauge. I may need to look into the wiring on the pod as I did replace the factory gauge faces with the white one from Stack Racing. Maybe I moved something when I installed it - but that was over a month ago.

Quick Reply: TCS, LOW brake fluid, Parking brake lights illuminated PLEASE help