Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Continuing Problems With 06 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:14 PM
dkole

I have to go pick up the Mustang tomorrow...I wish I could just leave it there...I am so disgusted. They gave me a big Chevy Sierrra to drive. What a gas guzzler! I have to take it back tomorrow when I pick up my car. I now have to drive this car around on a donut because I can't afford a new tire right now. And I definately can't afford a new condenser! Ford told me that the condenser is breaking down from the inside out. Some kind of moving parts are grinding down inside...Frankly I don't understand all this crap. All I know is that I have a vehicle that I paid more than $27,000 for....that is now worth less than half of what I paid for it. Of course I know you lose a lot of money when you drive it off the showroom....but you at least expect to get a car you can depend on. I would have used the lemon law, but because I had so many different things, they said it didn't apply. My car only has 47,000 miles on it. And those are nice easy highway miles...not hot rodding, or anything like that. I take it for all the service calls...The car has had all the care in the world. I just don't know what I am going to do. It's just a real problem right now.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:24 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, find a new dealership and take it in. Contact Ford Customer Service.

I had a 2005 GT Convertible and had about 25K miles on it and never had a single issue. My 2008 GT convertible has had no issues other than a hard riding suspension and Steeda is going to look at it tomorrow for me. They did a bunhc of mod's to my car.

I have had 3 Mustangs and never had a single service related issue.

Sorry your having so much trouble. Hang in there and find a dealership who knows and cares about your satisfaction!!!

Call Ford - not the dealership. Have all your service paperwork handy and get them to help!

Good Luck and keep us posted!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:07 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The S197's have some chronic alternator and battery issues but yours is extreme. I'd get them to give you $15k for the car, take the money and run. $15k on a trade in is pretty good since '06 GT's can be found for that or less.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:40 PM
dkole

Unhappy Continuing Problems with 06 Mustang GT

I have now had my car back for about a week. It still has the whine although it is not as loud if you don't use the air. I just don't see it's the condenser. It shouldn't whine, if that's the problem....I feel so helpless. I wish I knew a mechanic that would do a diagnostic on the car for me and not charge an arm and a leg for it. This whole thing has really got me upset. My husband found a Mercury that was nice. I can't remember the name of the car now, but it's the equivilant of the Escape. It has been discounted quite a bit. At this point I would rather have this vehicle than the Mustang...it's sad, because I have had 3 Mustangs over the years....I love this car. It's just so disheartening. My leather seats are even splitting. This car is in the garage all the time. I detail it once a month....it's really awful. And yes this is exactly what it is like.......
If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it. I am willing to give the car back if they will make me a fair deal on it. I am not holding my breath for that one though.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Hey Dana,

Sorry about your misfortune. I have a 2006, and the only problems I've had are the tinging noise because of the engine/transmission seperator plate. Had that thing in the shop a dozen times and each dealer refused to check into the TSB until finally I took it to one dealer who checked out the TSB, did their little test, and sure enough fixed it. I had to get a rental car at my own expense at a nice lovely $90 a day rate (under 25 at the time) but it was good to go and they even replaced my carpet per some tsb.

I don't have a lot of miles however, and I pamper the car to no end. Always premium fuel, 3000 miles or less oil changes, etc. Runs strong and as far as the alternator I have the shaker 1000 so I think I have an upgraded alternator anyway from the factory. No issues.

Being deployed for a year, I feel that I'll be coming home to some issues. Left it at my parents but with their busy schedules the pony is the last thing on their mind. We'll see. Good luck.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:41 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
Sounds like you've had some poor service or poor parts. You shouldn't be having that many problems, especially recurring. Sounds like they don't know their ars from a hole in the ground.
I've experienced that with a dealer one time, had a different fix a recurring problem the first time, and it never came back.

Sorry for the issues, that's not normal.
Man o live, sorry to hear about your headache. Car sounds as if it's a lemon.

Are you still under warrantly or did you get an extended warrantly?.... always a good idea to do so.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:26 PM
dkole

Hindsight is always 20/20. We should have gotten the extended warrantee...but at the time we couldn't afford the added cost to the bottom line. I have thought about getting a warrantee that the service dept. told me about, but I am wondering now if it's going to be worth it. I worry that this car will continue to deteriorate. I am just so confused about all of this. I will tell you something....the last lemon I had was a car we bought from Ford...I don't know if any of you will remember the flash in the pan called Fuego? Or as those of us that had one would call it....an "If You Go"! That car was such a joke. Now this? Oh well...I will trudge on and hope we can find a happy medium, if there is one.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:34 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

http://www.800helpfla.com/lemonlaw/d...html#question1

I would highly suggest giving them a call. Based on your description of services, your car could qualify under the Lemon Law.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I have a question to go with this also...
After all of these problems multiple times over...

ARE YOU TAKING IT TO THE SAME DEALER?
If so... RUN AWAY from them like they are rabid dogs and find another dealer.

If you want to keep the car...
Explain the story to the new dealer.... try to get it fixed that way.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:11 PM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Every summer, when it gets hot for the first time (I mean over 90 degrees) I turn on the AC and start freaking out because there is some wierd howling coming from under the hood.. it is fairly subtle, but I hear every little tick and groan, and this always freaks me out. Then I remember that it is the AC compressor and I always figured it was normal. Sounds kinda like my supercharger, only quieter, which is probably why it freaks me out.

Point is, the compressor does make noise, and the AC doesn't use much power, since it is mostly run by the engine. I imagine turning your headlights on draws more power than the fan and relays. If you are getting a lot of excessive noise with the AC on, it is probably the compressor, not the alternator.

Oh, and I would definitely find a new shop to go to.

Quick Reply: Continuing Problems With 06 Mustang GT