Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

I've been experimenting with different waxes and i found the 1.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 09:25 AM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 GT E UPP
Mother's pure Carnuba Wax on Black once a month and Mother's Detail Spray
all other times....!!!
That's the problem with carnuba.. gotta reapply it very often. If you really like waxing once a month or more often, then carnuba is great. Synthetics can get as good of a shine with better water repellant and last up to 12 times as long.

Another product you might want to try is Rejex. Two coats of this after washing with a dish soap, and you can go 6-12 months as a daily driver and not have to re-wax. Costs about $30 a bottle, but that bottle should last you a few years. Hard to find outside the internet, which is why I went with NXT personally.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:02 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Wolfgang Fuzion is the only wax I use on my mustang.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:48 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

Zaino is the way to go, I agree with that but for my taste, I will one day go to the yellow colored can carnauba wax. It's made by meguiars or mothers I get those two brand names confused. But I know the can when I see it.

Right now I'm using blue P&S fas-wax. It isn't the best stuff by far but I am going to use up what I have and then switch to another brand. I have two cans of this stuff so it's going to take me a long time. I bought it on ebay pretty cheap. It works well for me anyway. I at least keep the rear of the car waxed and when exhaust dust collects back there I just hose it off. That is the main benefit of waxing the car for me. As mine is white, it doesn't really seem to need a lot to detail it.

I've seen that zaino works wonders on the metallic silver tone mustangs. I almost bought that color after I saw a guy on this forum with a respectable body kit and a good coat of zaino parked in a nice place with some sunshine hitting it. That car looked really pretty.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:55 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stormracer
I use Meguirs NXT wax and Quik Detail. Also their trim detail is unreal. I put it on my window trim, before with other products I would get that white oxidized look within a week. This trim detail I put on like a month ago, and my trim looks like brand new still. Meguirs for cost and performance seems to be quite good.

+1 ....wax goes on and off easy, with no white powder.

Mequirs NXT Interior spray Shine cleans all the wax off the black plastic trim and gives it a wet shine which lasts for weeks.

Mequirs has the best value for the money too IMO.

Last edited by 808muscle; 07-27-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:00 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Klasse All-In-One followed by Klasse Sealant Glaze. Applied with PC 7424, of course.

Sonus Acrylic Spritz between washes.

I tried a gazillion brands/types before I found Klasse. I'm not going to bother with anything else, ever.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

The last wax I tried was Mothers FX SynWax.

Never heard any reviews about it but I was pretty satisfied.
Easy application and removal and seemed to last.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:51 AM
piledriver
Banned

I use Maquire's # 26 to finish things off, or to just put down a quick coat of wax if that's all she needs.
Goes on and comes off effortlessly and leaves a great finish.
I think it's the best.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:46 AM
07VistaChicago
2nd Gear Member

What about that NuFinish? 52 car washes??
Old 07-27-2010, 10:08 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

I have been using meguiars for a while now, but im making the switch to adams...ive heard alot of good things about them, and they are still in a wallet friendly price range lol
Old 07-27-2010, 12:57 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Zaino! My car looks freaking awesome. I don't get used to seeing the shine and vibrance of the black paint with Zaino on it. I get comments on it weekly and nobody can believe my car is a 2 yr old daily driver. Looks far better than showroom new.

Read the instructions CAREFULLY. This stuff needs to go on insanely thin or else you'll have way too much on the car and you'll be detail-spraying (Zaino brand of course) they heck out of it to get all the polish off.

I use:

Zaino's car wash
Zaino clay bar (once/year, but find I no longer need it....1st couple apps is a must)
Z-5 (brings out dark colors even though they call it a light scratch remover, it isn't abrasive)
Z-2 (chrome-like super glossy finish)
Z-CS (long lasting spray and forget protectant)

Z-6 detail spray after normal wash & dry...makes the car look freshly polished, also use between polish coats to remove any polish debris

Z-8 detail spray use this in place of Z-6 once/month or two after normal wash/dry. Expensive. But Z-6 on steroids and holds shine a lot longer than Z-6

Last edited by shanec; 07-27-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Quick Reply: I've been experimenting with different waxes and i found the 1.