Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Roush M90 - Tune with Detroit Rockers

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 07:11 PM
jobeonnet
2nd Gear Member

Default Roush M90 - Tune with Detroit Rockers

I just pulled the trigger on a M90 kit and i need a tune.. i have Detroit Rocker cams and LTs and cant find any tuners in my Area.

Who would you recommenced? Brenspeed, VMP, Bama......

Kirk
Old 10-12-2010, 09:13 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

give justin at VMP a call!
Old 10-16-2010, 03:30 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I actually called roush and asked them, they suggested jdm, vmp and somebody else i cant remember. Lol

I called and spoke to Jim jr at jdm and he really took the time to reassure me that they could tune d rockers and longtubes via an email tune. I ordered through them. Who did you order from?
Old 10-16-2010, 07:06 PM
jobeonnet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
I actually called roush and asked them, they suggested jdm, vmp and somebody else i cant remember. Lol

I called and spoke to Jim jr at jdm and he really took the time to reassure me that they could tune d rockers and longtubes via an email tune. I ordered through them. Who did you order from?
I havent ordered yet,(getting my charger tuesday) i really thought i needed a dyno tune but i have learned you can get same results without one. ive been talking with Justin(VMP) and he also assured me this is a tune he can do. i believe im going to get a Wideband and do some data logging. My only problem with Justin is he is trying to talk me into the 500HP tune. lol
Old 10-16-2010, 07:38 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Justins 500HP kits is nice,you will love it!
Old 10-16-2010, 07:49 PM
jobeonnet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by charliebrown266
Justins 500HP kits is nice,you will love it!
Im a little worried my drivetrain won't hold together
Old 10-16-2010, 11:14 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Don't think it would be any problem,alot of people are running this on roush forum,not heard of any problems!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:45 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jobeonnet
I just pulled the trigger on a M90 kit and i need a tune.. i have Detroit Rocker cams and LTs and cant find any tuners in my Area.

Who would you recommenced? Brenspeed, VMP, Bama......

Kirk
How do you like the Rocker Cams? I was thinking of doing the Rockers or the FRPP cams with a Roush M90. But others have said the cams cause a noticeable drop in low end torque - Havd you noticed that?

Also some have said that the cams cause the car to be pretty smelly from exhaust gases. How bad is this????

Thx for the thread drift......
Old 10-17-2010, 04:19 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW
How do you like the Rocker Cams? I was thinking of doing the Rockers or the FRPP cams with a Roush M90. But others have said the cams cause a noticeable drop in low end torque - Havd you noticed that?

Also some have said that the cams cause the car to be pretty smelly from exhaust gases. How bad is this????

I have 4.10 gears and since installing cams my car just is sh#t for low end. I cannot spin the tires from a dead stop. That's freaking pathetic. The top end is great and have gained 3+ mph at the track. The cams are cool, sound great, drive great except the low end. I think its the tune myself.

Jobennet......Jim jr talked to me about the 500 hp upgrade but also said with the cams and longtubes I would be on the edge already. How do you plan to datalog? Does anybody actually do this with the sct? I know it's possible somehow.....

The smell is minor.....yeah it stinks a little but doesn't bother me.

Last edited by 808muscle; 10-17-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:17 AM
jobeonnet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW

I really like the cams, i do think i lost a little on the bottom but the soung is awesome. get lots of good comments on the sound.
i dont have any smell at all.

Kirk

Quick Reply: Roush M90 - Tune with Detroit Rockers