Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Vortech V3/non-intercooled install thread...

Old 12-06-2010, 07:40 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Acerbus 2.0
What tuning/injector size do you run with the blower off?
stock injectors/90 oct. Bama race tune

Originally Posted by mdg
way to go!
Thanks!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

The install doesn't look too bad really. I assume you had to drain the power steering fluid and replace with new? This is one part of the install where the Vortech/Paxton manuals aren't crystal clear. They suddenly show you having to cut the hose to the reservoir, and you have to dig back several pages to find a single sentence about the fluid. I could totally see a noob installer cutting that hose and watching it drain onto the motor, lol.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:49 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
The install doesn't look too bad really. I assume you had to drain the power steering fluid and replace with new? This is one part of the install where the Vortech/Paxton manuals aren't crystal clear. They suddenly show you having to cut the hose to the reservoir, and you have to dig back several pages to find a single sentence about the fluid. I could totally see a noob installer cutting that hose and watching it drain onto the motor, lol.
Trust me.. it really isn't difficult at all.

You can either reuse the fluids or put in the new ones, just make sure you have enough mercon auto trans fluid to level it off and go through the procedure to get air out of the system if you must (no biggie, just make sure you do it as well as keeping an eye on the power steering fluid levels- would suck to blow up the pump!)

lol honestly, I think a noob actually might end up pulling the hose and watching the fluid drain all over the place.. but then again, a total noob would have just gotten help.

There are actually a few steps that they word out rather than show and it can be quite frustrating. But in the end, it's easy breezy.

Maybe not quite as easy as the Whipple non-intercooled, but pretty damn close
Old 12-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

The Whipple non-IC looks super easy to install, but its friggin 5 grand for like 350rwhp.