Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

AM/Bama Tune Versions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 07:43 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

ATS tune is a remote dyno tune. You probably don't need it and I actually may not have needed it either but I wanted to try a new tune out in search of 12s in the 1/4 mile.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:50 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

The Amazon Tuning Solution (ATS) is $400 and that includes the SCT tuner, the ATS tune and free revisions for life. It's not $400 for the tuner and $185 for the tune. The $185 is for the tune alone.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:40 PM
pitch
2nd Gear Member

Just to confuse you a little more. I've had all 3 and like Blow By's the best. Have both a 93 and 87. Running the 87 now because of gas prices.
It would be hard not to use BBR for everything in the future. No I don't work for them.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:46 PM
99horsey
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pitch
Just to confuse you a little more. I've had all 3 and like Blow By's the best. Have both a 93 and 87. Running the 87 now because of gas prices.
It would be hard not to use BBR for everything in the future. No I don't work for them.
Interesting - I've not heard much about them. Since I'm pretty sure I'll go with the FRPP CAI and tune at the same time, Bama or Brenspeed still seem like the logical places to go since they have package deals. I like the sounds of the Amazon Tuning thing with the data logging, but I wish they sold intakes as well.

As soon as the weather clears enough to get my car out of the garage (which is looking closer and closer all the time ), I'll probably pull the trigger on the AM package deal. I just want to drive it enough to get used to stock (haven't driven it since Thanksgiving) before I try the tune and CAI. I just need to figure out which tunes to start with.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Since 87, 89 and 93 octane is all that's available in your area, then why the heck would you get a 91 tune? I have Brenspeed 87, 89 and 93 tunes and typically run the 89 tune 99.9% of the time. The 93 tune is a killer if I tracked the car but for DD I really like the 89 since it pulls a bit harder in the lower band.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:52 PM
99horsey
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Since 87, 89 and 93 octane is all that's available in your area, then why the heck would you get a 91 tune? I have Brenspeed 87, 89 and 93 tunes and typically run the 89 tune 99.9% of the time. The 93 tune is a killer if I tracked the car but for DD I really like the 89 since it pulls a bit harder in the lower band.
That's very much a valid question. For some reason, several posts here (in this thread, see Mudflap's post) indicate that Bama's and Brenspeed's 91 tunes are better than their 93 tunes (according to Mudflap, even with 93 octane in the tank). I don't understand why this would be, but I'm willing to try. Also, there are some stations around here with 92 octane, so with a 91 tune, I could get gas anywhere... I guess the biggest "problem" with Bama is that there are so many options to pick from. With 3 choices for each octane and 4 octanes, I'm not sure where to start... Like you, low end power is the most important to me.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

If my Stang was my DD AND I was money conscious, I'd run the Brenspeed 87 tune. It's actually more even of a pull from a dig thru redline but doesn't pull quite as hard in the low end like my 89 and in the high end like the 93. It's a great all-around tune but I just like the 89 for those aggressive-but-not-too-aggressive "get outta my way" situations, if you know what I mean.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:12 PM
99horsey
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
If my Stang was my DD AND I was money conscious, I'd run the Brenspeed 87 tune. It's actually more even of a pull from a dig thru redline but doesn't pull quite as hard in the low end like my 89 and in the high end like the 93. It's a great all-around tune but I just like the 89 for those aggressive-but-not-too-aggressive "get outta my way" situations, if you know what I mean.
Sounds like if I went Brenspeed, their 89 tune might work best for me, too. The car's basically a DD in the summer (in that I don't take it to the track, just use it for joy rides and commuting), but I didn't buy a Mustang GT for fuel economy and cheap fuel. I have no problem with mid grade or premium fuel if I can feel the difference...
Old 03-16-2011, 11:12 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

You can see how this debate could go on forever! If you go with any of the reputable Mustang specific mail-order tuning shops, you should be happy. I could sit here and tell you all about how I think that Bama is the best option, but that's what other shops would do. We try to let customer testimonials and reputation, dyno results, etc. do the work. However, I can't sit here and honestly tell you that you wouldn't be happy with other tunes. I know you'll be happier with ours, but tunes are an interesting topic. Everyone has a different taste, so some people are going to love the Street tune some people hate it and love the Race tune.

The best thing I can do is say that you would be 100% satisfied with the Bama tunes and the level of service. You get free tune adjustments for life, as long as the mods are included in our program details. We tune for nitrous, manifolds, certain superchargers, long tubes, etc. This can save you a lot of money over the life of your car.

Also, you can call and speak to a Bama tuning team representative Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST without having to speak to a middle man. Their number is 888.226.9764. They're here in the building and have exclusive access to our parts warehouse of over 165,000 sq. ft. Rest assured our tunes are among the most researched in the industry!
Old 03-21-2011, 11:40 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I run brenspeeds tunes and have been very happy since going with them. Customer service is impeccable. The great thing about brenspeed is that they race (NMRA) the things they sell. So when ur getting a part and a tune from them they know first hand how it will react in racing or spirited driving conditions. I would also consider what your future mods will be. If your looking to get supercharged later on I would make sure the shop u go with will tune for the supercharger.

Quick Reply: AM/Bama Tune Versions