Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

I need major help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 04:41 PM
burrowb63

Default I need major help !!!

I will start from the begining. I have a 2000 mustang GT 4.6 only 74000 miles. Within the last two weeks, my car went from running great to not at all. It stared when my car would loose power and die without even any notice at all. If you turned the key it would never fire. If you would let it sit for a bit, it would finally start. I am not a mechanic by any means, but i can do a few things. I thought maybe a fuel filter, this did not help. Then I changed the IAC valve, this did not help either.

I then took it to a trusted mechanic that i used before. His first diagnosis, was the fuel pump. the pressure would go up and down around the targeted range. Then, they realized that it wasn't getting any injector signal. So, they thought cam sensor. Well this didn't help either, and by this time the fuel pressure stablized and was in good range. So, they changed the cam sensor and this allowed them to test drive the car. During the test drive, the car died again and would not start back up. After this time, the THEFT light started to blink. The shop ruled everything out, and called my THEFT systems was malfunctioning.

My question is, how can they go from those two other possibilies and end up with the THEFT systems not working correctly. Could the shop have been testing something on the car and somehow caused this problem. Because when the called me they were very insistant that I take it to the dealer for computer diagnosis.

Any help would be great. I am lost and this is going on now for two weeks.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:23 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Sounds to me like they are lost. They don't want to tell you they have no idea what the problem is. Then they are passing your car along to somebody else. Sorry though can't help you with your problem. Hope you get it figured out.