Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Witch CAI do you guys recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 01:17 PM
scovarrubias23

Cool Witch CAI do you guys recommend?

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and new to the Mustang community! I finally own my dream car! Anyways, I know I'd be a fool to leave it stock and I've been looking to start off with a CAI w/tune followed by a full exhaust system. My question is, witch CAI do you guys recommend? I was looking at Steeda but wasn't sure if there is anything else you guys like.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:26 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum!! As far as a CAI goes, you will find that they are all pretty much the same as far as function is concerned. Stay away from those that say "No tune required". It boils down to what YOU think looks the best or what your wallet can stand. I have a '10 GT as well. We both have a factory CAI that flows more than enough air. I just did a K&N drop in, tuned it and let it go. The tune is where it is at. You can get an aftermarket CAI but you will only pick up 2-3 HP maybe. To me it just wasn't worth it. Like I said the TUNE is where it is all coming from. AM can hook you up with a SCT tuner, and with the free tunes for life, you cannot possibly go wrong.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Stay away from the east and west witch CAI's. From what I understand, those are bad witches, but a house may have fallen on one. For the best results, go with a Glenda the good witch CAI.

Or get a C&L CAI with SCT tuner. Looks great. Performs great.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:46 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

^^^beat me to it by just minutes...
Old 03-31-2011, 04:02 PM
madmann26
2nd Gear Member

I love my FRPP CAI.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:04 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

go to brenspeed.com. they have cai and tuners. great company.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Stay away from the east and west witch CAI's. From what I understand, those are bad witches, but a house may have fallen on one. For the best results, go with a Glenda the good witch CAI.....

I thought it was North and South?

I run a Steeda CAI with Brenspeed custom tunes. Check peoples sigs and you'll see what the popular ones are. The tune-required CAI's are pretty much equivalent in performance. Who writes the tune is the real issue. Brenspeed and Bama are 2 of the best.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:59 PM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

+1 on the Steeda CAI i love mine with a custom tune from Bama.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:12 AM
scovarrubias23

Hey guys, thank you very much for all of your recommendations. I've decided that I am going to go with the Steeda CAI. Now, I'll be purchasing the combo from American Muscle and it comes with the SCT SF3 tuner, is that any different to the Bama tune? I'm new to this and i just want to make sure that I take full advantage of what I am purchasing.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:45 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Bama and AM used to be 2 seperate companies but Bama was absorbed by AM about a year ago or so (time escapes me). Bama/AM tunes are top notch.

I know that some of the forum members have the SF3 tuner but I'm not familiar with it. But the tuner is simply the hardware you use to load your custom tunes and store your stock tune in. Other than that, the tuner (handheld) allows you to adjust a few minor parameters. It's the tune that digs deep into the software that impacts performance. It's not just timing adjustments.

Quick Reply: Witch CAI do you guys recommend?