Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Just re-installed the Vortech..

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 02:35 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default Just re-installed the Vortech..

Maybe it's because I work at a shop full time and no longer want to mess with my own ride anymore, but thinking about having to install and take off my supercharger every winter is starting to bug me.

The ride is okay, yeah, it's quick but I want something to just set up and forget.. no messing with it etc.

Looks like this is the last of the Vortech for me..

see sig.

Intercooler BRAND NEW, never even used... just got it a few weeks ago..

funny thing is, it's all the plumbing I'd have to take off every year that got to me lol
Old 04-15-2011, 03:14 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

hehe starting down the road to the TVS
Old 04-15-2011, 04:00 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

... possibly
Old 04-15-2011, 06:51 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

This whole thing is worse than a soap opera lol. Jeezus.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

HA.

Stealth, the reason you have to uninstall is the temperature in the winter right? How cold is it? Wondering if those in the 48US that get snow would still be able to leave it on year round.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I don't understand the Vortec and freezing, why cant it run under freezing temps I would think an FI car would LOVE the colder temps. Hell I cant wait to get out when its freezing and dry next year provided we get some of those types of days.

BTW I'm supposed to get mine on a dyno on the 23rd so I'll post numbers ...Its a shop my buddy knows about that specializes in Mitsubishi's but I'm just getting the pulls to see where I'm at so no matter what they really specialize in I suppose.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:09 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i have the opposite problem in texas, its so damn hot in the summer heatsoak is a bitch. thankfully that wont be an issue with the boss, unless i put a blower on it eventually!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:18 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
HA.

Stealth, the reason you have to uninstall is the temperature in the winter right? How cold is it? Wondering if those in the 48US that get snow would still be able to leave it on year round.
They say 25 but it could go any time really. Sucks.. but at least I don't have to worry about all that power during the winter lol

Originally Posted by Mikes_BLK_GT
I don't understand the Vortec and freezing, why cant it run under freezing temps I would think an FI car would LOVE the colder temps. Hell I cant wait to get out when its freezing and dry next year provided we get some of those types of days.

BTW I'm supposed to get mine on a dyno on the 23rd so I'll post numbers ...Its a shop my buddy knows about that specializes in Mitsubishi's but I'm just getting the pulls to see where I'm at so no matter what they really specialize in I suppose.
it's how it's designed. It's aluminum yadda yadaa pretty much will seize in place when it gets very cold, you go to start it up and it fvcks up rofl

FI loves cold, say a turbo, but a centri.. nope.

Driving around town today, I actually really like the power delivery though it's only 380whp.. tempting to put the intercooler on but nah.. wanna sell it as a complete kit with it being new..
Old 04-16-2011, 05:10 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Woohoo summer is here! Congrats Steath.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:35 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Woohoo summer is here! Congrats Steath.
Thanks

I will actually keep this kit for some time, thought about selling it but I'll do that later when I can actually afford to take time out to uninstall everything lol

Quick Reply: Just re-installed the Vortech..