Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

boost brother turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:36 PM
jayy bryant

Default boost brother turbo

for the past year or so i have been trying to find a used saleen or kenne bell supercharger for my 2005 mustang gt automatic. I have a budget of $2000 and recently found this boost brothers turbo kit on ebay for $1200, looks alot like the turbonetics kit. Ive been skeptical as **** about this kit because some people say good things some say bad. but now that i have talked to them over the phone and by email alot i feel confident enough to buy there kit.

does anyone have experience with them?

if there are other people skeptical like i was about this kit then let me know and after i buy the kit ill post a video of me trying to put it on haha
Old 05-21-2011, 07:49 PM
nightwing0707
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jayy bryant
for the past year or so i have been trying to find a used saleen or kenne bell supercharger for my 2005 mustang gt automatic. I have a budget of $2000 and recently found this boost brothers turbo kit on ebay for $1200, looks alot like the turbonetics kit. Ive been skeptical as **** about this kit because some people say good things some say bad. but now that i have talked to them over the phone and by email alot i feel confident enough to buy there kit.

does anyone have experience with them?

if there are other people skeptical like i was about this kit then let me know and after i buy the kit ill post a video of me trying to put it on haha
i saw the same kit and really wanted to get it but im skeptical as hell too, let me know what you think of the kit.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:29 PM
jayy bryant

will do, still working on getting the $1,200 for it. im in the middle of a move right now but should be installing this summer sometime.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:53 PM
PSUSkier
2nd Gear Member

Well, I can't speak for the turbo kit in and of itself because I've never heard of anyone running it as of yet, but their longtubes are a nightmare to get on. Even though they've been through multiple revisions, they can't apparently get it to the point where "it just works..." Food for thought.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:14 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

I know we are not all made of money, I'm definitely not being I'm an E-5 in the Air Force but I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for and in dealing with your car I wouldn't jump on something that dosen't have that much customer feedback. If you get a blower that's nothing but trouble it could cause trouble that you really don't want and end up being a waste of money you could have spent on something else.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:40 AM
jayy bryant

well ive decided to buy just there piping and intercooler. but im buying a turbonetics BOV and turbonetics wastegate. with a Garrett turbo. that way i dont have to worry about valve sticking in the wastegate or a seal busting in the turbo
Old 08-22-2011, 07:59 PM