Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

New MP1900 Magnacharger for our cars!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 07:30 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default New MP1900 Magnacharger for our cars!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnach...7626700289662/

I wanted to share some spy photos of our newest project that is just being completed right now. The S197 Mustang is one of the best performance bargains on the market right now - combining a very capable chassis with classic good looks of the 60's Mustang. Now you can add the power your Mustang deserves with the new Magnuson MP1900 TVS Supercharger. We will have final horsepower numbers and pricing available soon but expect gains of around 120 rear-wheel hp and torque and a price competitive with other superchargers on the market. This supercharger is a complete, intercooled, bolt-on system that comes with every last little piece needed for a complete installation and will be available in a Black Powder Coated finish with a Chrome Powder Coated finish to be released later.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/0...09-mustang-gt/

While most of the new supercharger systems released in the last year have been for the 2011+ 5.0 Mustang, MagnaCharger has been hard at work on a new system for the 2005-2009 Mustang with the 3V 4.6L V8. The highlight of the package is the new Magnuson MP1900 TVS supercharger that is much more efficient than the MP112 Eaton blower used on Magnacharger’s previous package for the first generation S197 Mustang. The system comes as a complete bolt-on setup with an intercooler.

“The new system will offer similar gains out of the box to the older MP112 system,” Magnacharger’s Jon Barrett told us. “The biggest benefit to the new system is the efficiency of the TVS rotors that far exceed the older MP112. Not only is it capable of moving more air (and therefore creating more HP), but it runs much quieter and cooler than the 112 – creating much lower IATs (internal air temperatures). The reason we went with the TVS1900 over the 2300 is that it is the RIGHT sized supercharger for the car. The TVS1900 is capable of supporting upwards of 650 hp at the rear wheels (the 3V 4.6 pretty much eats itself alive at 450 rwhp with a stock bottom end) and takes less power to drive than the 2300. At the speeds the 1900 spins on this motor it is also staying more in its efficiency range than a 2300 would.”

Final pricing and horsepower numbers have not yet been released, but expect the MagnaCharger system to cost right around competitive systems and offer approximately 120 horsepower and lb-ft torque at the rear wheels. Both a black powder coat and a chrome powder finish will be offered.

http://www.blueovalchips.com/index.p...t_detail&p=235

The latest generation 1900 TVS (Twin Vortices Series) supercharger is an available upgrade in place of the MP112 on any of the Tork Tech Intercooled kits. This upgrade will allow power levels in excess of 700 HP

This "upgrade kit" assumes you have already purchased a Tork Tech kit with the Magnuson MP112 supercharger and you want to upgrade to the TVS style supercharger compressor. This kit provides the new supercharger with aluminum finish and everything necessary to mount the unit to your existing Tork Tech lower manifold. New drive pulleys are not included. Call us to discuss the performance level you are looking for and we can provide the proper supercharger nose pulley and lower crank pulley to achieve the boost level necessary. This supercharger is capable of boost pressures up to 20 psi.

The Magnuson Model MP1900 6th Generation is the newest (State of the Art) supercharger design. It features two high helix four-lobe rotors, spinning in parallel, that simulate two vortices of air rushing into the engines intake system. This eliminates that pulsing effect associated with inferior designs. It was designed as a compact, flexible supercharger for increased power with original equipment quietness and reliability without adversely affecting fuel economy. The MP1900 6th Generation has proven itself in a number of original equipment and aftermarket applications on a variety of engine sizes. It is the most efficient design from Magnuson to date and offers rock solid reliability with awesome power potential equal to any other supercharger design in simular size on the market. Most installations see a realistic 40% plus increase in power output.

It is by far the most efficient design from from any supercharger supplier today and offers rock solid reliability with power potential superior to any other supercharger design on the market! General Motors has chosen the TVS for its new ZR1 Corvette and also the Cadillac CTSV. Roush Edelbrock, FRPP, and other manufacturers are using the TVS design for its UNMATCHED power levels. One can expect 100,000 mile service life or better. THERE ARE GOOD REASONS MAJOR AUTO COMPANIES SELECTED THE EATON TVS OVER OTHER SUPERCHARGER MANUFACTURES. GO WITH THE BEST, THE PROVEN AND THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY ON THE MARKET

Looks like Magnacharger is stepping up their game and putting an even larger SC unit out there that is not as potent as the R2300 but not as small as the M90 or M112.. very interested in how this kit turns out!

Last edited by stealth_GT; 05-29-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:50 PM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

Im liking that one. wonder what the price will be?
Old 05-29-2011, 10:10 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Most likely around the $4,299-$4,499 price range...

that belt sure does look close to that coolant pipe though!

Doh!
Old 05-29-2011, 10:45 PM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

That would be epic for that price! lol. belt does look close, maybe its just the angle of the camera. hope they get this on the market soon!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:35 AM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

They advertise quieter as if it were a feature.

One of the few saving graces of the old magnacharger was that intoxicating eaton roots whine.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:52 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

.. that and the older GT(05-06) kits costs a mere $3,899! For an intercooled kit!

Kinda questioning the price of these kits though.. they're still the new 4 lobe rotor, as opposed to the old 3.. it's like a mini R2300 that still pushes up to 650whp lol

If it's anything near the M90's price, it'll either blow it out of the water or force it to lower their price in order to compete...

these are still better than the stock GT500 superchargers, which still used the 3 lobe rotors I believe, but the super snake with the R2300 rotors.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:07 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I should a drove mine today dammit lol missed my opportunity for the next few days since it started raining again. I don't know about the 450 claim so much anymore though with the right tune you can push it up a bit farther. It is a TVS so its got my vote depending on the quality of the rest of the kit. I prefer an an open air filter rather than the stock box but maybe thats just me . If the price is right and the quality is their it should be a good kit.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:56 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

.. I believe the 450whp claim with the M1900.. remember that the R2300 is so large that it HAS to be de-tuned in order to run 400-450whp. With the standard 8 psi kit, I believe it's in the 480-490whp range, and 515-525whp range with the 10 psi kit... that kit makes a ton of power so easily

JDM and VMP tuning got it in check though.. seems like everyone over at FNSWEET is running 500+whp lol
Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

That 480 is about where I want to be ......I know the motor wont last forever with that kind of power but it should last quite awhile based on what Ive seen. I'm gonna go with the 3.47" pulley eventually, right now its a huge 4.2" lol. Even with that it pulls like a beast when I get traction, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:28 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

ahhh.. good ol'torque! Something I don't have personal experience with lol

The V3 is great, but the power is so linear and smooth.. it feels like a high strung NA motor most of the time. I really have to manually hold gears in the auto just to get as most power out of it as I can..

that R2300 was be great around town and traffic!

Quick Reply: New MP1900 Magnacharger for our cars!