Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

New Intake...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 10:33 PM
wetwille3
2nd Gear Member

Default New Intake...?

So if anyone has been reading my posts about my car messing up, well i decided I'm just going to buy a new intake.

The gist is I bought a JLT intake/SCT package from Breenspeed. Installed it then ~month later the electronic throttle control light would come on while driving and the check engine light. The car would lose power and have a deep tone to it. So i switched to Bama and the same thing was happening. They then checked the tunes and said they were good. So i put the car to stock and got the dealership to check the car. Nothing wrong. So either the SCT is messed up...or the intake is. So I'm just going to buy another brand of intake and see what happens..

Any suggestions? Ive read Granatelli is a good brand? Can Bama tune that? Any intake will work. Money is not an issue.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:59 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

hmmm...so when you return the car to stock, you do not experience any of those problems? That's weird bro.
I don't know if throwing a bunch of money at an intake is the answer, but I'll be your huckleberry

Saleen extreme cai....get the best, (beep) the rest!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:46 PM
wetwille3
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mayo
hmmm...so when you return the car to stock, you do not experience any of those problems? That's weird bro.
I don't know if throwing a bunch of money at an intake is the answer, but I'll be your huckleberry

Saleen extreme cai....get the best, (beep) the rest!
When i return it to stock the car runs perfect...But i have the JLT carbon fiber, am i supposed to get a new MAF with that?
But ok Salleen sounds good..
Old 09-18-2011, 02:43 PM
wetwille3
2nd Gear Member

bump?
Old 09-24-2011, 10:55 PM
DTMR
2nd Gear Member

I have the steed carbon fiber one you deff need to tune it cuz the intakes so big it throws your air to fuel ratio off but it looks good sounds good and you can feel the power gain
Old 09-27-2011, 01:30 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

+1 with the Steeda CAI, my car runs great with it, but like DTMR said you will definitely need a tune. I am currently running a 93 octane bama tune now. Dont quote me on this, but i believe that bama can tune for all the intakes they sell...that require tunes. Not sure though :shrugs:

Good luck man
Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I doubt the CAI has anything to do with it at this point. But I'm stumped as to what the deal is, especially after having the same issue with both Brenspeed and Bama's tunes.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:30 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

NUKE is right it's not the intake it's self. Do you have an aftermarket TB by any chance?
Old 10-03-2011, 01:30 PM
wetwille3
2nd Gear Member

No after market tb...Im going to contacting the SCT company again. Hopefully this time they will be able to help me because it makes sense the handheld SCT would be giving me the problems
But I had a Steeda on my last stang. I liked it, so if all comes to worse I will buy a Steeda again.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I would not think it was the intake.
The handheld tuner probably is not the problem either.

I'd still say it was the tune if I were guessing.
UNLESS somehow they sent you the wrong CAI without anyone noticing it and it
was actually a different size CAI than everyone thought. That wild shot would explain why you would have trouble with two different tunes if it were true.

Quick Reply: New Intake...?