Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

GT 2006 issues please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 06:28 AM
moto_biker

Default GT 2006 issues please help

1st i would like to thank you for your time and please help me with some infomration

i bought a gt 2006 few weeks ago its milage showing only 24,000 miles which means its still new and i took it to a grage and checked it he said it looks new and this is fine until now, i want to ask few questions and hope that someone can help.
1- this Gt has a speedometer which is only 120mph is it ok or maybe it is changed? also can i find one with KM/H instead?
2- if not i found those digital speedometer which can be installed next to the front glass i just need to place teh wire for speed
3- i have the check engine is on and while checking the error was 433 camshaft error but the mechanic told me that this is normal don't worry
4- how to know that my car is equipped with tire sensors as i have it lighted and the msg is on the screen
5- sometimes while im driving like 60m/h i feel a cut then it goes and this doesnt happen usually only few times but i noticed the same cut when i had the volume of the radio to the max and the bass was high while the battery is new and the indicator is showing it as great.

thank you
Old 05-21-2012, 07:39 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

1&2. look like this, with 4 gauges?

You could get an overlay to do the primary display as kph, trouble is, all the ones I ever see are for the 6 gauge "mycolor" cluster. You can upgrade it of course if you so chose, run just about under $400 by the time you were done getting the new cluster, 3 button control, and returning the old cluster for the core charge. Then you could get an overlay fairly easy with kph. Around another $100(US) http://www.blackcatcustom.ca/ford_mustang.htm

3. Can you give the EXACT code? P0433? No others? Sorry, having a code is not normal, unless you've had mod work done without the necessary cleanup. LT(Longtube) headers installed without turning off rear o2 sensors with tune?

4. Are you referring to TPMS sensors in the tires? If the idiot-light is on, then likely not, unless you're severely under-inflated in one of the tires, which i assume you've checked. After-market rims?

5. Cut? You mean you're feeling the car loose power?

Last edited by wayne613; 05-21-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:08 AM
moto_biker

1&2its the same but with 4 gauges the battery and and oil ,while the odometer is in the speedometer side, please tell me if its normal to be in a GT model
3- im sorry for not having the exact code but it was that the camshaft error and the mechanic told me that is maybe needs to be cleaned as sometimes people dont change oil, he refers to the previous owner
4- yes the TPMS what the dealer told me after cheking the VIN# that my car doesnt have a TPMS can this happen? why then i have it on ? maybe the cluster had been changed? this is why im asking if 120mph is normal to be in a GT
yes teh cut like loosing power for less than a second then works normally as if a cut wire is cutting and getting connected back , but this rarely happens but it is happening
Old 05-21-2012, 08:31 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

1&2. The description you're giving is for a 6 gauge(speedometer, rpm, fuel, temp, battery, and oil), as in 2 more lower ones in the middle. In which case just verify against the user manual. Should you not have gotten it, you can register at http://owner.ford.com , once you register the car VIN # all revisions of the user manual will be available. The possible layouts are near the front, if you can't find it, use the index in the back, under "instrument cluster". For mine, 140 is the limit on the 6 gauge, 120 for the 4, with no message center.

3. Don't know, seems more than a bit suspect to me. I'd grab the specific codes sometime to ask/search here.

4. Seems likely, as it was not required til 2007 models, so quite possible the cluster was changed out for the 6-gauge message center one (used from a 07-09). In which case the as built data was never updated, and the mileage is likely wrong as well. Or at the very least suspect.

yes teh cut like loosing power for less than a second then works normally as if a cut wire is cutting and getting connected back , but this rarely happens but it is happening
I got nothin' here. A/C on? However, #3 might be related..

Last edited by wayne613; 05-21-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
moto_biker

I have the manual, it must look the same?
Can i know the real milage?
The ac is always on , i will try without ac
What i understand that the cluster that i have is for a newer model?
The tpms is not ordered in 2006 models?
Old 05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moto_biker
I have the manual, it must look the same?
If it's swapped out by someone unscrupulous, it can and often will go unnoticed. You did verify the gauge displays with the manual, yes? 4-gauge going to 120, 6-gauge which I think you have going to 140? Yes, the manual should list the gauges that were available at the time, 4 or 6 gauge, and give the speedometer limits shown with a template drawing. Like page 10 of my own manual.

The tpms is not ordered in 2006 models?
I don't know if TPMS was an option or not for 06's, it was required for 2007+. Should be shown in the manual again, were it an option.

Can i know the real milage?
What i understand that the cluster that i have is for a newer model?
That cluster "might" be. You'll have to dig deeper, or wait for someone else to respond to find out a way to know for certain. I don't think the mileage is stored anywhere but in that cluster. It might be getting sent elsewhere (ECU/PCM) as a copy, I seem to recall something on this, but can't remember off-hand. If you don't wish to wait, if you know a dealer to call, ask them if there is a way. If that's not possible, you can remove the cluster itself and check the date stamp and/or # on it to verify I believe. Obviously, if it has a stamp on it of 08 on it or the like, then it's a safe bet that isn't the original.

Again, if you register with http://owner.ford.com, enter in the VIN of your car, it will also give you other information about the vehicle, assuming this is an on-the-level sale/purchase. That includes dealer service history, with the mileage they entered at the time of service. Which would likely give you confirmation one way or the other.

Last edited by wayne613; 05-21-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:39 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

maybe it's just me, but sounds to me like someone replaced the gauges, should have RPM on the left, MPH on the right, the last numbers that show are140 with the 5mph mark after that.

Should look similiar to this: http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-whi...t-mycolor.html

I think someone put the screws to you.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:01 PM
moto_biker

Thank you wayne for the idea i will try to remove the cluster and i will wait maybe someone or you can find the answer about the real mailage
I recalled the car info from a website similar to carfax and the registered miles were 3 miles only and i think it was sold to outside us as im living in saudi arabia and we dont have something like carfax to record the car activities , this is how it seems
Sactown i dont know if you mean that someone replaced the face or you want me to replace it as i think replacing the face wont give the accurate speed i need to change the whole cluster what do u think?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:05 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I don't think tire pressure sensors were an option in 06.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

TPMS was not even available on the S197 until 2007.

Quick Reply: GT 2006 issues please help