Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

shifter problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 05:32 PM
thesaddcl0wn

Default shifter problems

hi all i have a 05 gt , my problem is as follows, When i am driving the car it shifts fine, after i come to a complete stop at lets say a red light or something and i pop the car into neutral and release the clutch, when im ready to drive again i push the clutch down and go to put it in first gear the car does not go into first gear, when i go to push it up in first its like something is in its way, i try moving it around like putting into second and then first (clutch is still down) and it starts grinding and like spazzing out.. I usually have to release the clutch jam it in third and than throw it in first and once i get moving the car shifts fine. It doesnt do this all the time, it seems to do it after about driving for 20 minutes or so when the car is hot.... I brought it to the mechanic and i replaced the shifter, the slave and master cylinder. The mechanic said when im pushing down on the clutch its not stoping the fly wheel And hes 100% positive its the master and slave cylinder. Now i had all this stuff replaced and i paid 1000$ Unfortunately the mechanics I went to were completely unprofessional they had my car for about 3 weeks, the first day i got my car back my shifter fell apart while i was driving home and i had to have the car towed home, the mechanic said the bushings came off of the shifter and he fixed it, its been about 2 weeks and the car is having the same problem, getting jammed after i reengage the clutch. I do not want those guys touching my car anymore cause they have been a complete nightmare to deal with. Any ideas what can be the problem??? I dont even trust that they actually replaced the master and slave cylinders honestly......any input would be helpful. thank you.