Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

AMR Rims from AmericanMuscle.com Feedbacks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 08:26 AM
French_Frize
1st Gear Member

Post AMR Rims from AmericanMuscle.com Feedbacks?

I finally found the new set of rims+tires I want to buy:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charco...itto-stag.html

But I would have liked to know if anybody had any feedback/comment on these rims or this website. It seems to me that they are pretty reliable, what do you think?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:53 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by French_Frize
I finally found the new set of rims+tires I want to buy:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charco...itto-stag.html

But I would have liked to know if anybody had any feedback/comment on these rims or this website. It seems to me that they are pretty reliable, what do you think?
French_Frize,

We've sold literally tons of AMR wheels and have had great feedback. It's a really hard wheel to beat for the price! Just check out the customer reviews on the product page and you'll see how many of our customers are satisfied with AmericanMuscle AMR wheels!

If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up!

Shane
Old 08-20-2012, 11:52 AM
French_Frize
1st Gear Member

I was asking this question on this website, because I'm currently having issue with aftermarket rims (Vibrations around 100mph) that the former owners put on, so I just want to be sure that I am making the right choice and won't have any more troubles down the road.
I already read the reviews on your website, I was just looking for some outside advice/feedback!
Old 08-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

French - you really needed to post these wheel sizes in your tire thread.

What you probably want will be either the 255/45 and 275/40 (AM's combination) or 255/45 and 285/40 (Ford's 18" GT500 combination). A somewhat distant third option might be 275/40's all around - 9" is only barely wide enough for that size but it will work.

Norm
Old 08-20-2012, 01:59 PM
French_Frize
1st Gear Member

Also, on my car right now I have
- 265/35 in the front
- 275/40 in the rear
and my car is lowered -1.5"

Should I stick with the same size of tires in the front or can I change it to 255/45 for example without messing my pinion angle up and my speedometer?

Thanks
Old 08-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Neither front tire size nor front ride height affects your pinion angle requirement - don't forget that dropping the nose changes the inclinations of everything else by the same amount, so your pinion remains in the same orientation compared to the driveshaft and transmission output shaft.

Norm
Old 08-20-2012, 05:02 PM
French_Frize
1st Gear Member

Ah ok thanks for the info Norm, that is good to know! Now I know can go to 255/45 without any risk.

Thanks for your answer
Old 08-21-2012, 05:46 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by French_Frize
I was asking this question on this website, because I'm currently having issue with aftermarket rims (Vibrations around 100mph) that the former owners put on, so I just want to be sure that I am making the right choice and won't have any more troubles down the road.
I already read the reviews on your website, I was just looking for some outside advice/feedback!
French_Frize,

No worries about going over 100mph! We've taken our '12 Project Black Out over 100mph a lot without any issues. In fact, Black Out traps 113+ mph in the quarter mile in Stage 3 with these wheels!

Check it out on our AM YouTube page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDv9...ure=plpp_video

Shane
Old 08-21-2012, 10:20 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

As soon as sell my Shelby Redlines, I will be buying these wheels.vibrations at certain speeds generally mean a bad balancing job.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 AM
French_Frize
1st Gear Member

What do you think about going 275/40 all the way around ? I read on this forum that some people had 275 all the way around but maybe I should do 275/40 in the back and 275/35 in front to make the front a little bit lower than the back, what do you think?

Thanks

Quick Reply: AMR Rims from AmericanMuscle.com Feedbacks?